New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Livescopes- Garmin  (Read 4981 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Livescopes- Garmin
« Reply #30 on: Dec 14, 2022, 07:14 AM »
Based on youtube reviews the 34 seems worth it especially if you fish deeper water for lakers.  Jay Siemens compared them side by side recently.

If Jay ever gets divorced I need to know.  Guy says too many words no idea how his wife deals.  Besides she'd probably enjoy offshore more than ice. 

My buddy has the 34.  I have a 32.  We fished side by side the other day and it didnt help him much, if at all.

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 14, 2022, 12:14 PM »
If Jay ever gets divorced I need to know.  Guy says too many words no idea how his wife deals.  Besides she'd probably enjoy offshore more than ice. 

My buddy has the 34.  I have a 32.  We fished side by side the other day and it didnt help him much, if at all.

My guess is the differentiation will appear greater as they continue updating software and stop offering these future updates for the LVS32.  The wonderful product life cycle....

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2022, 02:40 PM »
My guess is the differentiation will appear greater as they continue updating software and stop offering these future updates for the LVS32.  The wonderful product life cycle....

I know they will, they are a customer I work with frequently, they use our stuff to run their business processes.  I see version end of life and paid upgrade in their near future! 

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 14, 2022, 06:52 PM »
I know they will, they are a customer I work with frequently, they use our stuff to run their business processes.  I see version end of life and paid upgrade in their near future!

Was I stupid to get the 34 not wait 2 years for the Xr price drop?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Dec 15, 2022, 02:00 PM »
Was I stupid to get the 34 not wait 2 years for the Xr price drop?

Dont know that I have the answer to that.  What I can say is for 99% of people the catch rate with even old oanoptix isnt going to differ much from the new ducer.  At some point its just fishermen getting sold on a sharper image of a fish.  At some point a 400 dollar camera may be a better purchase!

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 15, 2022, 02:20 PM »
Dont know that I have the answer to that.  What I can say is for 99% of people the catch rate with even old panoptix isnt going to differ much from the new ducer.  At some point its just fishermen getting sold on a sharper image of a fish.  At some point a 400 dollar camera may be a better purchase!

Agree with that.  I think you had all versions of the from PS to LVS32.  If I had a 32 I would not have upgraded to the 34.  I was starting from scratch which is why i selected the 34. 

I personally see the extended range XR as the next "jump", but it seems like it would cater more to the saltwater/big water audience. 

At some point the GLS10 is going to be the limiting factor and then we might see more significant gains in tech again. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.