New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 518 Early Ice  (Read 951 times)

Offline Sfleming22

• IceShanty Rookie
518 Early Ice
« on: Dec 14, 2022, 10:48 AM »
I'll be headed out of Albany area this weekend looking for early ice. Ill report what I find. If anyone gets or has been out, feel free to share if interested. With the cold nights we are locking up locally (nothing safe I've seen yet). Tight lines and stay upside everyone! :)

Offline finsntins

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 518 Early Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2022, 11:16 AM »
im sure you'll find plenty of thin ice,but most if it is going to have 1-2 feet of snow on it bye saturday,at least in the higher elevations anyway.

Offline Sfleming22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2022, 12:07 PM »
Yeah, I've been watching what this storm does. it'll be interesting. Most of the local lakes (burden, glass, crooked) that I drive by are starting to skim. Few small ponds are locked up. We are getting there

Offline hangemhigh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2022, 12:11 PM »
Have an inch or so of black ice as of last night around me but nothing more than that from what I've seen ... some of the small ponds might have a little more ....

Offline reggie1610

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2022, 02:08 PM »
The lakes I saw on Sunday that were starting to freeze were going to freeze real uneven and now probably getting a lot of snow on them. Not ideal for early ice.

Offline Goose97

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2022, 05:08 PM »
I would check out oxbow if you’re traveling up that way.. I’ve been working up past there and it’s been frozen for a while now,id imagine it’s starting to amount to something.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.