New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Help on the sacandaga  (Read 1324 times)

Offline lonewolf1990

• IceShanty Rookie
Help on the sacandaga
« on: Jan 17, 2022, 11:56 AM »
I rented a house next month on north shore road close to Placid pines pub. I was wondering how the fishing is in that area. I'm from mass and never fished out this way but I figured I'd give it a shot.  Hoping to get into some walleye and perch. Thanks for any info

Offline Petercos22

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Help on the sacandaga
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2022, 12:19 PM »
It is probably very good right around where you are. I have not fished that particular spot but you could look on the regular Great Sacandaga Lake postings for more info from those better acquainted. If you just go down to Edinburg and hand  right onto county 113 to Ridge Road and over the Northville Bridge and then take a right left on RTE 30 and then a fairly quick left onto McKinley then quick left on rte 152 you will find Sport Island Pub. I have had luck there. You will see parking below the pub. Go out and bear a little left on the ice back toward the bridge and head to mid channel. Best luck (but not only) right around dawn or dusk. Set your tip up bait about a foot off the bottom and do not be to quick to stick after the flag. All those directions are within a couple of miles of your location, if you look at a map you will see it just on the West arm across from you.

Offline lonewolf1990

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2022, 12:42 PM »
Thanks for your info ive been searching around trying to find info but its hard to find stuff on the area I rented in. I appreciate the help

Offline FLAGGGG1114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2022, 06:57 PM »
I used to have a camp just north of placid pines on North Shore Rd. Just be careful of ice up that way because there is a current from the river that flows through there. Use a spud and good luck!

Offline lonewolf1990

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:18 PM »
I'll definitely be checking as I go. Does it typically freeze up pretty solid.

Offline Petercos22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:24 PM »
That is why I suggested the West Arm below the Northville Bridge-- I know it is  solid. Go down one more page for the other Sacandaga site.
Plenty of info there.

Offline lonewolf1990

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2022, 07:36 PM »
I've been reading through it today. This place is way bigger than almost everything we have in Massachusetts.

Offline Petercos22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2022, 11:49 AM »
The only thing you have close is Quabbin  and we have a ton of that size here in NY

Offline Goose97

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2022, 11:52 AM »
If this helps at all, everywhere we have checked from Edinburg all the way to mayfield has 10 inches or better,of clear black ice.

Offline lonewolf1990

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Help on great sacandaga
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2022, 06:40 AM »
Thanks for the info I definitely appreciate all the help

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2022, 09:17 AM »
I rented a house next month on north shore road close to Placid pines pub. I was wondering how the fishing is in that area. I'm from mass and never fished out this way but I figured I'd give it a shot.  Hoping to get into some walleye and perch. Thanks for any info

Cross the road to the lake, right at Placid Pines. Then walk north, along the shore line. You will quickly come to a little cove. At the point of that cove is a nice walleye spot. It is over a large and long rock pile. Tons of structure that holds fish. Also is a great spot for trolling in open water. Then, both sides of the point, a ways in either direction are good as well.

Offline Petercos22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2022, 03:30 PM »
Is that the point to the north side of the cove?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.