New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Seasons over now time to upgrade  (Read 1939 times)

Offline icecaptain14

• Team IceShanty Regular
Seasons over now time to upgrade
« on: Mar 20, 2021, 08:58 AM »
So this past winter I switched up my ice auger to a pistol bit with the dewalt dcd 996 drill found today would this be to lethal for the auger

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Seasons over now time to upgrade
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2021, 09:35 AM »
No torque rating ..also most of the Flexvolt tools need the Flexvolt batteries to obtain the higher torque .

these are the makes and model you want .

Dewalt DCD991

Dewalt DCD996

Dewalt DCD997

Dewalt DCD998 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Dewalt DCD999 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Milwaukee 2804-20

Milwaukee 2803-20

Ridgid Octane  R8611506B must use 6ah or better Octane battery to avoid cut out issues (this make model seems to be getting discontinued)

NOTE

18V or Higher Brushless Drill

5 Amp Hour or Higher Battery

1/2” Chuck Type

Side Stabilizer /  Handle

Minimum Torque Rating of 84 Nm / 750 in. lbs/800 UWO

DRILL SETTING ....DRILL MODE.. Speed Setting 1  NO HAMMEER MODE !!!
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2021, 09:42 AM »
Always thought there was more Torque in Screw mode not Drill mode. Drill mode for speed, Screw for slow and torque.
Maybe if there’s enough torque in drill mode it will drill holes even faster! I’ll try that this afternoon.
Hope I don’t sprain a wrist.

Fishmon

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2021, 07:37 AM »
 Get a clam plate.  A lot safer with those high torque drills.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2021, 06:04 AM »
Always thought there was more Torque in Screw mode not Drill mode. Drill mode for speed, Screw for slow and torque.
Maybe if there’s enough torque in drill mode it will drill holes even faster! I’ll try that this afternoon.
Hope I don’t sprain a wrist.
Drill Mode Vs Screw Mode? I don't believe there is a difference between screw and drill modes unless you are calling the Hammer function Screw Mode. Hammer mode is not used for ice drilling because it imparts a bumping effect that is not at all necessary or beneficial for drilling in ice. Hammer works great at drilling concrete with the correct drill bits. I have used the hammer function for drilling in large lag screws but those have a 7/16 or half inch hex head rather than a Phillips head and require a socket. My drills have both the hammer and the drill functions and in the drill function you can adjust the torque setting from light to full drill so you are not sinking the screws too deeply. Using the hammer function with Phillips or Torx head screws would quickly round out the bit or screw head.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.