New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Ticonderoga ice  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ticonderoga ice
« on: Mar 11, 2021, 06:22 PM »
Any info on the ice up to TI? Looking to head up there, thank you in advance for any info on the ice conditions!
May your tip up flags fly high!

Offline adk iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ticonderoga ice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2021, 07:06 PM »
I fished south of the fort view this afternoon and the ice was shot. Still 12 inches but all crap and there was open water spots I'm calling it a year
Can I go fishing? Unless it’s on Brant, I can’t.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2021, 05:58 AM »
had a friend north of hague today on 6-6.5". Said he lost 1.5"  of ice and it softened/ honeycombed to the point it was one punch by noon. He slowly worked his way off safely thankfully. Be safe and remember to spud often, even when staying in the same location. That ice underneath you can go from safe to unsafe in a matter of hours with current conditions.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2021, 06:12 AM »
I fished south of the fort view this afternoon and the ice was shot. Still 12 inches but all crap and there was open water spots I'm calling it a year
Not good Info for me that area was gunna be on my radar to check out as a possible option, did you get to venture over the bridge at all in your travels?

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2021, 07:33 AM »
We’re out to the right of the TI launch fishing now and had 13” in one spot and roughly 8-9” where we’re. Big pressure crack of point and a few spots walking will be shot by end of the day. Be safe everyone

Offline adk iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2021, 09:24 AM »
Not good Info for me that area was gunna be on my radar to check out as a possible option, did you get to venture over the bridge at all in your travels?

I did not go that way but I had to get ahold of a property owner yesterday to get permission to go across his property to get off the ice and the guy I talked to lives in port Henry and he said there was a four wheeler through the ice up there and the rescue was going on as we talked.
Can I go fishing? Unless it’s on Brant, I can’t.

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2021, 07:00 AM »
When we left we had lost a lot of ice and was down to 4” of junk. The pressure crack of the point opened up to 20’ wide and it was like walking on a sponge on the way back. I highly recommend waiting to open water before venturing out from the TI launch. Be safe everyone

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.