New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092914 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
damn joe! tough indeed! my prayers are with you too!  :(
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
thanks Skeeter, I bid on one last night and forgot about it this morning and missed it !! She will just have to use one of my homemade custom rods instead ;)

They have them on there all of the time, although they are about to stop making them.  You should still have the opportunity to pick one up.  

Jeff

Update:  Here is another one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/GRUMPY-OLD-MEN-GREEN-HORNET-ICE-FISHING-POLE-28-1-2_W0QQitemZ250507692393QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a536c0969&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I checked and saw that there are a few new ones on there that still have plenty of time left....just hafta wait and see...

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
I remember seeing the plans online some where for the Grumpy Old Men rod. If I can find it I will post it!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Hockey...in the meantime, I'll keep an eye out and see what I can find as well

On a sadder note, we lost our 15 yr German Shepherd this morning. Due to being very sick and old age the Doc said it was probably best for her and we agreed....R.I.P Trooper, you really were a great pooch :'(

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
man thank sucks topher... :'( :'( :'(..  i know how a dog loss can be.... dads cancer operation is in last week of oct. ...i'm throwing money at it ..hope it goes okay...hes my best bud...what a crappie year.... :-\ :-\ :-\ yo ..i'm gonna try to to get there on the 17th ..need directions...i can get to mt. fujui....lol...may need a floor to sleep on ..lol...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Holehawg, if you get a chance, do you have any bigger pics of your sled with the auger stand in it? need some ideas as to what I can do for mine

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sad news here gang, YO's mom passed away. he's in florida for the funeral.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
geeze this is a h***ll'va year aint it.... :( will have to send my thoughts and prayers....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
let's hope that this next year is at least a little better...this one has been awful

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Holehawg, if you get a chance, do you have any bigger pics of your sled with the auger stand in it? need some ideas as to what I can do for mine
here goes the pics ...                                                                                                                                                                     only thing i would change is i would build it out of 5 1/4 thick pine lumber ....3/4 thick is a little weak...or you could make 2  of every piece in 3/4 pine and screw them together...that wud be real strong....hope this helps...oooh yeah... line up the lenght of the jiffy auger before ya eye bolt it to the sled top...so it craddles right in the cut outs...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks!!! I got some time still as I am waiting for my new sled ( upgrading from the lil jet jr...)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
cant wait to get out on the ice this year...got me some fishing to do and some beers to drink...this summer/ fall has been crazy... ::) ::) ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll see if the house project goes as planned this weekend, maybe if you want a ride a long buddy for the 17th, I may be able to go/follow ???

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
of course if i can wing it your invited to ride with me...just gotta see how all this family stuff plays out... ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ok !   silly question, do you use the stock autolite plug in your jiffy, and what do you run for a ratio and use for oil...this power auger thing is new to me and I gotta keep it for a long time....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hmmmm..  just replaced it with the  same one in it (spark plug that is..) as for gas oil i just mixed it like my weed eater / chain saw...lol...i'm not a high tech guy... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
I am taking up hunting this year. Pooley was nice enough to take me on a little scouting mission today. We saw some signs of deer and bear. Pretty cool stuff. I havent really ben hunting since me dad used to take me when I was a kid.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings,
  Sure is a lot of sad news in the last few pages. A couple I work with lost their new born infant daughter last week.
     Topher did you look at the augers gas cap I know my snow blower has the gasoline's ratio printed on it. Also check the equipment forum a lot of people singing the praises of Amsoil product line. Some members are running a 100 to 1 mixture with no problems. You could also try contacting Jiffy.
 Steve

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I am taking up hunting this year. Pooley was nice enough to take me on a little scouting mission today. We saw some signs of deer and bear. Pretty cool stuff. I havent really ben hunting since me dad used to take me when I was a kid.
its awesome..hockey...peac e and quiet...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i like being in the woods when they wake up.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the element of surprise is the best... ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
shooting and eating my fravs....plus the whole deer camp thing...2 weeks of  guy stuff dooberey..... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not to be the bearer of bad news but,

IT'S SNOWING AT MY HOUSE THIS MORNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm back from Fla. all is good now. Time to get back to normal and its still on for saturday! rain or shine

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hope youse PA guys will join us! :P

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
As it looks now, if Joe goes down, I'll come with him...just gotta wait to hear from him as to what's what.. ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
cool, everyone is hoping you guys make it.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well, I finally made the plunge late last night and added IS Militia member to my avatar..now all we need is some Ice ;D

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wet snow in suffern right now!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.