New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091818 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hmmmmm.... william yo topher..... ;) ;D    yea...i can see tfb going for that one.... ::) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: some day huh...9 11 still makes ya remember all the loss....... :( the old fire companys doing a little 9 11 fd / pd honor thing tonight...i think i might  go hoist one with the old gang....

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
Its a sad day for alot of people around here,its ashame how many people did forget!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yeah....it stinks the way most have just shrugged it off...we lost a good friend and a neighbor that day....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i saw lots of memorial signs in my travels today. a sad day to remember.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Pooley- Ramsey Outdoor Sidewalk Sale tommorrow!!!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Hi Guys;  Thought I'd drop in just to say Hello!  Been doing my Summertime ocean thing......good fishing year out there.  While I'm here I want to pay my respects to all the 9/11 HEROS who gave us the strength to continue with our lives by displaying their courage, bravery and devotion on that horrible day and in the months that followed. NYPD - NYFD - EMT's - AND ALL THE OTHER FIRST RESPONDERS, Thank You for showing us the way Americans stand together in times of crisis.  NEVER, EVER FORGET !!

Looking forward to seeing you guys out on the ice this Winter !!

Rodger  (IceBalls)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Awful quiet in here...... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Pooley, doesn't Frankie have one of those Strikemaster Electric Augers??????   I found one for a good price....if its the same as his, I'm gonna get it..I hope ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 sorry guys ...been busy...lost a golf buddy to cancer on sat. had to be around for the family ....topher ...the big fishys are biting / running in the mighty d...we got to pick a afternoon to fish.... ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Awful quiet in here...... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Pooley, doesn't Frankie have one of those Strikemaster Electric Augers??????   I found one for a good price....if its the same as his, I'm gonna get it..I hope ;D
yeah, that's the one topher.
sorry to hear it joe.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i seem to be attending alot of irish wakes this year pooley....my liver cant take this abuse... ::) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:..also to the suffern gang...when ya come up next time to fish i believe i got a cabin ya all can stay in ...my buddys clearing up the details.... ;D.. topher wudda ya suggest for a line weight for my ugly stick rod i'm gonna use on this striper thing.... ??? ??? ??? i'll be out for a bit...gotta dail in my  new scope on the in- line muzzle loader...meat season starts soon.... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
a cabin would be awesome. sucks making someone the DD when we come up your way.

what size stripers you getting up there?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the guy with the cabins getting shipped off to germany....might be able to swing it for ya guys over winter on some weekends... :thumbsup:  as for the stripers....some guys are getting some in the 2ft to 3ft range..there isnt many and its not like fishing the hudson or off the island ...but in some spots their here.....costing me alot of beer to learn how and where.... ::) ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: these old guys dont like to share their spots... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good 12# mono, abraision resistant will be fine. i have 20# Fireline 'crystal' on one spool, and 12# stren 'Duratuf' on the other.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks pooley i gotta get the gear up to par for this...topher...yooo hoo...where is ya buddy ???????????? getting near crunch time... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks pooley i gotta get the gear up to par for this...topher...yooo hoo...where is ya buddy ???????????? getting near crunch time... ;) ;D

waiting in the wings.......got 12 lb Seaguar Fluoro on my Riversider 9' rod....same setup as salmon, except I use 8 lb for that....trying to see what the schedule holds for me, I have an engine to change this weekend, but I may be able to get free Sunday.....Monday is the doctor's day, and I can't get off again until starting the 28th due to a co worker taking a weeks vacation to go fishing out of NC...let me know what your schedule is Holehawg...and also what about other terminal tackle is needed?????????

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
this weekend isnt good for me either....next one  i can but i guess ya cant....lets shoot for the next sat or sun that you think you can make.....i'll make it work on my end...columbus weekend is the only other one i cant do..... ;D as for the bunker bait i 'll get it ....i'll throw ya some gas money when ya come over...other than that i cant think of anything... ??? ??? ???

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
this coming weekend is bad but the weekend after that is good ;D...picked up the line to spool my reel and a few bigger live bait hooks 3/0 and 4/0....plus a little something that I call, "the secret weapon"..If you still have my # give me a jingle and we'll get set up

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good luck guys! wish i could join you!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
 Pooley- YO - Hockey 12 and the rest of the Suffern gang if the cabin offer does not work out try this motel. Fosterdale Motor Lodge at the corner of routes 17b and 52 about two miles or less from Lake Huntington. Get off of route 17 west bound at exit 104 take route 17b west. You will pass White Lake and Bethel Woods (1969 Woodstock site) the motor lodge is right at the intersection (Blinker Light). I think one of there units is an efficiency. You can also get meals at the Lakeside Cafe (across from lake access parking lot ) and one of Hole Hawg's haunts "Our Place on the Lake" .
   Here is a hyper link for the motor lodge's website   www.fmlodge.com   I checked the link it works and I have the right web address.

Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
thanks steve!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hoping to go with our new dad to be on monday. hitting a lake that has been closed from memorial day, to labor day.  ;)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Monday is the 20 week ultrasound day...indoor or outdoor plumbing to be researched ;) best of luck to you guys fishing  :)

Cameryn Grace and Sophia Elizabeth are on the top of the girl name chart....still picking boys.....but after we find out about the boy or girl, if we cannot decide on 1 name we are going to narrow it down to 5...give a number to each name and number my tip ups...whichever flag goes off first, I give TFB the number and that's the name we are going to use ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anyone wanna start a $$$$$$$$$$$$ pool on tophers new borns name...i'll give vegas type odds..... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
thanks steve!
  Pooley your welcome ,only part of what makes this website great members helping one another out.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the current odds are 3 to 1 that it is a GIRL !!!!!.......we shall name her Cameryn Grace ;D  she's 9 inches long and weighs a whopping 11 ounces...going back again for another ultrasound at 30 weeks ( the first day of rifle season) to confirm that there is indoor plumbing

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Hey boys, how bout some love on the coolest pic contest for an Orange County boy  ;)
👮👮👮

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey boys, how bout some love on the coolest pic contest for an Orange County boy  ;)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: seems we've  become baby infested lately...one good thing about this recession is the hunting / fishing crowd is repopulating the ranks... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: seems we've  become baby infested lately...one good thing about this recession is the hunting / fishing crowd is repopulating the ranks... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
i don't think i need to help that cause, this late in life! :o

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How about this weekend Holehawg???? I have either Saturday or Sunday...one or the other, you choose :)

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
i don't think i need to help that cause, this late in life! :o
No babys here either, my girls in college and this is no time for another lol.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.