New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091793 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
just remembering my last fish thru the ice last year.......... ....or was it this one...........the bass where biting that day... ;)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I think you had better keep the jiffy in the basement ;)

Was that from the Gathering on Huntington?   if so that's the first pics I have seen of that fish....

And yes, we got a nasty T-Storm through here tonight as we were leaving for dinner..how you think that will make the fishing for this weekend....... ???

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Open water and hardwater pics..thanks for the memories ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think you had better keep the jiffy in the basement ;)

Was that from the Gathering on Huntington?   if so that's the first pics I have seen of that fish....

And yes, we got a nasty T-Storm through here tonight as we were leaving for dinner..how you think that will make the fishing for this weekend....... ???
yeah...pooley sent them to me but i was in the hospital the week after our gathering... ::)..i'm going out on the d early tomorrow morning...gonna try for some wallys and smallies...i have some luck after a storm as long as its not at flood stage....speaking of our gathering...what happen to jimmy claud ????????? havent heard a peep out of our up state buddy...... :unsure:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

OK enough pics.....I miss JimmyClaude..hope all is busy and well with him..

My buddy Barry and I are hoping to get out tomorrow, not sure if morning or afternoon.....so many places to go, so little time ::)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i'm getting the hardwater itch quite early this year....... ;D yeah... i hope everythings cool with jimmy.....hope hes not po'ed over us picking on his orange hardwater wear..... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The bait shop that we were going to be able to get those 5-6" suckers went belly up this past week, so I am not sure of where else to get the bait needed..maybe better set up those bait traps you were talking about ::)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hmmmmm...so did my cousins sport shop mountain bait & tackle in liberty ny.  :(  stupid politics / econ. is killing everybody..... ::)...i'll start the traps at the end of august...we'll have our lunker bait...... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well good luck tomorrow, I hope that you get that lost erie dearie back and the fish that it was attached to ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
your were reading my mind.....i've been trying ....but he hasnt returned my lure....... ;) good luck topher hope ya catch a bunch...... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we're gonna be out by 6 on the Susquehanna River up by NY, with the same targets as you with the addition of Shiners ( they get up to 13" up here) and maybe a stray musky or 2...up here you never know what you are gonna catch 8)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
jimmy owns a landscape/ design company. he's probably too busy to be here. i'll e-mail him. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
e-mailed jimmy. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thats cool pooley ...i was just wondering how he is.... ;D  looked at a new howa bolt action 22-250 at the bait shop this morning...tempting.... ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
he disappears this time of year. he has over 90 employees, so he has alot on his plate. he'll check in. ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
90 workers ??? ??? ??? ??? holy erie dearie.. :o..i got 4 drama queens under me and i 'm burnt out... ;D :laugh....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yeah, he had 96 at the gathering, and had taken on more work! :o

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
god bless him....i'll stick with just my 4...they cost enough......... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh.....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We made out pretty poorly yesterday fishing, with only 4 smallmouth caught..none of them keeper size but on the bright side, my Marcum VX-1 showed up in the mail right after we got home ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey topher... i only caught one wally this morning about 20 inches long...then i caught 2 smallies about 12 inches long ..i didnt get out sat cause my bride had plans for me.... ::) ::) ::) but for a while.. early this morning was nice ..rivers low by me and the fish were hanging deep along the rocks of the ny side in about 12 to 16 ft of water once again the green erie dearie nailed the wally ...the little bass i caught drifting crawlers  out of the canoe....saw a good sized eagle and loads of geese that i think i'm gonna blast this fall for the freezer..... ;) ;D hatch wise light cahills and blue guills were riding the water but there wasn't too many rising fish ..... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
almost the same hatches here..we have had sulfurs, Blus Winged Olives and the light cahills, and I had 1 lone Green Drake about 2 weeks ago on the window of the danger Ranger...he was a little late I thought, I should pack the flyrod with the boat, cuz I find myself saying every time we go out that I shoulda brought it ::)   I'll learn eventually.

The 4 smallies caught yesterday were all in the shallows feeding,(gotta love sight fishing) although with the river being low like it is, I wish I had 12-16 FOW to fish in...the deepest holes were only 8' or so....and we also were entertained by a feeding musky yesterday AM as well...we went after it but to no avail

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the stretch from hankins ny to damascus pa has some really deep runs plus its loaded with huge rocks under the water making some excellent cover for the fishys..... ;) ;D i also seen some of the biggest carp ever out there today...might have to get the hoyt out and fling some arrows..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: gonna pull me canoe out of callicoon this week and bring it over here...i wanna do some real deep fishing under the bridge in narrowsburg...... :)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks again pooley, and a friendly reminder...tonite will be the last night to view the space station/shuttle

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/view.cgi?country=United_States&region=Pennsylvania&city=Scranton 9:27 pm

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
tuesday will be the last night for me! ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hopefully they dont have to land it in the hudson like scully did ....from what i read its falling apart.... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
well, they keep adding pieces to it, so only parts of it are falling apart! :laugh:
what are they going to do once the shuttles are grounded for good?  ??? :-\

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i wouldn't worry .....they will come up with a gazillion dollar project to fly somewhere...... ;D in other news ..blondzilla has given me the go head to buy a new 4 wheel atv with a plow...... :o... as long as this new house project goes to contract this month...which would mean no more long walks on highland topher..... ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: of course i have to buy her a new living room set too.... ::) ::) ::) ....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Hello one and all, it has been a while since I posted thought I would check in and see what everyone is up to .
  Holehawg sorry to hear about your cousin's shop.  Did not know I was fishing with celebrities back in February at Huntington, image Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke ) and the famous Babe Winklemen .
   Enjoy the remainder of the summer, and as Babe says good fishing to all of you.

Steve

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
You got a flag Joe,you might want to check that tip up :laugh: :laugh:
Keeper Brown?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
good to go steve...next time we'll ask the boys for a tip up with their john handcock's on it..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  as for the brown trout we didnt lay a tape on it ....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.