New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1093492 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey ... I have an idea for an award for Topher... how 'bout a 'I FINALLY SLIPPED ONE PAST THE GOALIE' award??

Happy Father's Day to everyone who's a dad! This includes Topher who recently Knocked Me Up!! That's right, we are expecting! His ice fishing in February might get interrupted a bit!
wow congrats.....  :thumbsup:.....i take it feb is the target date...... have ya been kicking around names...may i suggest hole hawg if its a young lad  entering the shack..... ;) ;D....topher....may i remind you that the highland / sand bar tourney is around feb 14..... ;) ;D...no pressure of course... ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
congrats you two! another fishing partner!

i'll get going on that hole hawg.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
thanks guys !!  i think if its a boy, I might have to nickname him Stitch.. ;)  been going through all my fishing gear to try to come up with a name ( hence Berkley the pup's name)   she says NO Way Jose.....

I'm sure that February will be an ok month, as the child will be born Cesarian instead of natural.....and they only perform them on Tuesdays and Thursdays.......

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks guys!  Holehawg... it is a great name... but I've heard it's bad luck to name a baby after some one who's still living... I wouldn't want to have to knock you off to use it  :pinch:

We do have about 15 or 20 names picked out but we've got a lot to time to argue about that  :laugh:

Boy or girl it'll be a fisher....person?
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
how about something like flag, or tip-up? maybe even castmaster! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i wanted to call joey jr. " drunken binge " but blondzilla made the face on my suggestions.... ::) ;) ;D....

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Personally I was thinking an "ice cream" names... Chunky Monkey...Cherries Garcia... Chubby Hubby  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I haven't warmed Topher to the idea yet, but I'm working on it.... He said he's half hopin' it comes out looking Oriental so he can name it Shimano.
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm thinking Harry Tidge...its a good solid name..    (Heritage)  ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i guess 'ugly stik'  won't fly. :-\

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i'm still pulling for hole hawg... :thumbsup:...or my 2nd frav. lure" lazy ike "......my youngest daughter almost passed out when i asked her to name grandson # 4 "ambrose bushrod eschenburg..."  i wanted all 4 grandsons named for civil war generals but i was out voted..... ::) ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: kids today have nooo history in their blood... ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
well, i'm reeally screwed then!!!!!!! :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, I think we are going to keep to simple names for now, unless something wild and crazy jumps into the picture later on.....

More importantly, next weekend we will be fishing Lake Huntington on either Saturday or Sunday, probably the latter and hopefully before the locals get up and get out the boats and jetskis for their summer activities...if there are any areas that you guys want me to specifically hit, let me know.....

And also, is there any more info or details as to the happenings on July 4th weekend for the possible Delaware trip....inquiring minds would like to know... ???

And last but not least, Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there !!! ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
try where we were icefishing. also, try drifting/real slow trolling a pink &white/chartruce roadrunner. we do well on the crappies on them.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
lots of guys troll there for trout ...deep....remember how we fished by the knocked over gazebo.....theres ledges there...just watch out for that stupid water ski slalom thingeys.... ;) ;D also trolling in front of the beer distributor is another hot spot....not sure yet on delaware float trip for 4th....may have to work that weekend due to being behind thanks to all this rain.... >:(

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Topher and TFB
Congrats ;D :clap: Good luck on a name. The choice's so far are great!!
You could name him Polar tip up?? ???
And a Happy Fathers Day to all a little late we was a way..

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Timster......I'm hoping this great weather holds out for a few more days.....Huntington needs a visit from the topher fishing club  ;) hoping also that the thumb is healed enough for a little flipping and pitching ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i'll be at paradox lake for the next 5 days. gonna miss you biothces! not! :P

my b-day is saturday! ;D 48! :o

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
48...isn't that old??????   nah just kidding..Happy early Bday pooley......I'll do a shot for ya ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i'll have some brandy for saturday! :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :wacko:

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
I guess the profit at our bar in the firehouse will go down tremendously over the next five days!  ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I guess the profit at our bar in the firehouse will go down tremendously over the next five days!  ;D
  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: good one hockey....happy birthday pooley.... :thumbsup:......watch that old stuff topher...i hit 45 on july 14th...and i feel as young....cough ...wheeze gasp....as i did when i was 18... ::) ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I guess you are only as old as you feel...some days I'm 18 again and others I'm with you guys  ;) Yous guys aren't old.....although some days you may feel like that...it all comes with the territory

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anybody know where i can get big chubs to use as fish bait ??????????gotta be aleast 5/6 inches long....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
how many you need?

and how soon??

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well... i be needing around a dozen....but i wont get to try this ...idea ...out til around july 4th....learned something very interesting tonight about a certain area of the big d and whats in it.... ;D need to find a bait shop that can sell these chubs....i'll tell ya more in a pm..... ;)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll keep an eye out for 5-6" chubs, how about maybe up to 10" chubs if available???my local bait guy usually has them...they aren't cheap but the ones I saw he had last trip were real doosies ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
could work... if ya ever fished with bunkers for bait ya know what i mean.... ;) ;D ...this could be fun... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Might just have to upsize a few things for a trip like that..heaviest line I have on a rod now not counting the 30 lb braid on my flipping stick is only 8 lb.....not quite sure that would be enough ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the fellow i told ya about caught them by accident on 8lb test..... ;) i'm gonna dig out my ugly stick for this trip... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
are eels useable for bait on the Big D??   gonna head over to the baitshop after work to see whats available.... ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.