New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092802 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yup, and the other guy is john, the guy who brought the apple schnapps.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ya know.. i never caught a fluke.....once i was next a young kid who was bringing a mess of um  in on that x-mass tree rig our capt. used ..me i got zero......stripers and blues...but never a fluke... i gotta go out again.... ;D

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
yOU GUYS GOTTA COME DOWN HERE AND FISH WITH ME ON MY BOAT (31 wELLCRAFT).  FLUKE SEASON IS CLOSING FOR AWHILE ON jUNE 15 BUT STRIPERS AND BLUES ARE GOING WILD AND THE SEA BASS ARE HUGE!  LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE INTERESTED AND WE'LL MAKE ARRANGEMENTS.

rODGER

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
judging from those 2 pics i'd say ya had some fun....is that yo in the background .....it looks like his beer in hand profile.... ;)2 :thumbsup:
  Hi joe,been a while,yup thats me in my beer in hand profile,never spilled a drop   ;D how has everyone been,still like to get up your way and do some fishing.seems everyone is busy with work but us,things still haven't picked up around here.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 hey yo...i thought that was you... ;)..yeah...i'm booked till the end of august...the school is interveiwing me tuesday night for a job also.... i'm going fishing tomorrow for only the 2nd time this year.....perhaps we could put together a river / canoe float over the july 4th weekend ??????? wudda be fun to get everybody together.... :thumbsup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
we're in brother! we just need to set a date! topher, let us know what's good, and you too joe. we see each other almost everyday.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
dang topher....any chance of us taking the camaro to highland for the tourney... ;)2  tell ma and pa tfb that we wont do anything that wont buff out... ;)2 :thumbsup:

Yeah good luck Holehawg... I'm not "ma's" favorite kid... she likes Topher more than she does me, he'd have better luck askin'...last time I asked to borrow her car to drive two hours to a baby shower for my cousin, she told me I had to take her dog to be put to sleep... geez .. my brother drove it to Florida and back.. how many people did he have to kill?!?  :roflmao:
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
and i thought my mom was tough..... ::) ::) ::) ;) :laugh: then again she did hit me in the back of the head with a veal pounder.... :wacko: :blink: she wasn't a big fan of under age drinking like i was.... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
that weekend sounds good for us..TFB has a wedding to do Fri Nite the 3rd but other than that count us in for either Sat or Sunday...we will also catch up on any other details between now and then 8)......BRB, sheetrock calling---says screw me !!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
man am i p.o.ed at myself ...went to my wally spot on the d.....about a dozen cast and i got a little 17 incher wally...sooo i keep  chuck'ing and about 20 some cast later i get a big boy bite...dang thing had some weight behide it ...i got it up about 6 ft from the canoe seen it ..got horsey with it and it broke me off.... i sat in the canoe with the broke line draped around me...this was a nice wally ..looked bigger than my 28 incher on the wall....i gotta get more erie dearies and catch that fish..... :'( :'( :'( :'(....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well that kicks the snot out of my 23" PB......I had one on at Belmont last year, trolling leeches on a homemade worm harness, made my 8' rod bent like a rubber band...had it almost to the boat and all of the sudden, brain fart and I gave it the smallest amount of slack on a reel down and POOF...it was gone....better luck this year though...got alot more wally experience this year than last..I think we are going out tomorrow on a lake, just not sure where....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i'm off with YO fishing now. looking to get some crappie/perch. ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
went again fast this morning ..another one around 14 / 15 inches and one big old eel....no sign of the one running around with my green erie dearie.... >:(...its personal now.... ;)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that fish better watch out now......got out last night for some fresh wormies...waiting for the local bait shop to get his leeches in......oooooooo leeches..... ;)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
forgot to ask...they bite better early or late out by you..??

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
well, we got 3 crappies, a couple of bass, and some nice pickerel. not great, but it was a good day.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
forgot to ask...they bite better early or late out by you..??
well i've caught them at all times of the day and night cause i fish mostly for them ...but i catch my biggest ones early morning to around 11:00 am ...for some reason 6:00 to midnight gives me little ones..plus the smallies & chubs seems to interfear with my bottom bouncing at night...... ;)....gonna try fooling him with some big shiners next....if that don't work  how much Clorox do ya think i'll need ??????? ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
not great, but it was a good day.

aww c'mon.. I thought it was always a great day if your fishing  ;D

I got a wall built and sheetrocked and a big worm bedding box for my birthday.... and he made me a steak dinner too... no wonder Grama loves you so much... your such a good boy Topher (if she ONLY knew)

We were going to head out tonight fishing for a bit, but now it's pouring...
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
aww c'mon.. I thought it was always a great day if your fishing  ;D

I got a wall built and sheetrocked and a big worm bedding box for my birthday.... and he made me a steak dinner too... no wonder Grama loves you so much... your such a good boy Topher (if she ONLY knew)

We were going to head out tonight fishing for a bit, but now it's pouring...
yepper pouring here too...happy b-day tfb....... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well i've caught them at all times of the day and night cause i fish mostly for them ...but i catch my biggest ones early morning to around 11:00 am ...for some reason 6:00 to midnight gives me little ones..plus the smallies & chubs seems to interfear with my bottom bouncing at night...... ;)....gonna try fooling him with some big shiners next....if that don't work  how much Clorox do ya think i'll need ??????? ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

quarter sticks... ???

Berkley Gulp Minnows...watermelon pearl color..no clorox.. ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
a great day is one with a full stringer. ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
A day on the water--AKA hydrotherapy--is a great day....combine that with a bunch of friends and its that much better ;)

and Pooley, what color was that Kastmaster used at Huntington?? gold or silver? ???

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
betch'a it was gold color.....gold out fishes any silver color lure around here  from what i've seen .... gotta plant a tree for blondzilla then i'm off fishing again...... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think so too......going down to the Pocono Rehabilitation Clinic this afternoon for their open house...then off to Snow Hill Dam for some fishing, and then back to TFB's grandmother's house for a BBQ.....

Here trouty, trouty, trouty....... ;) :icefish:

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
A day on the water--AKA hydrotherapy--is a great day....combine that with a bunch of friends and its that much better ;)

and Pooley, what color was that Kastmaster used at Huntington?? gold or silver? ???
hey Topher .. gold was the color ;D

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
  does m-80 ring a bell? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
might have to go to that...i talked to some guys from maryland. today..their shocking parts of the river for uncle sam ....told 'um i'd buy beers if they can tell more on the wallys.... ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
beers usually primes them up! ::) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Stopped down to a new lake this evening..not a thing biting.....then went down to a nother lake that I have'nt fished since early last summer, and landed 2 keeper largemouth in the 15-16" range......had a visitor with me for the last half hour or so as I was fishing..a year old doe...grazing about 25 yds into the field behind me.

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
I see this topic on the main page so I decide to look through it and all I find is 24 pages of nothing! You guys don't have much fishing down there. Have fun with your 2 week fishing season! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.