New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091730 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
cool pics...i wasnt very good in school ...most of  my project's were done on the bus... ;)...well topher i dont know what ya saw that matched the prince....perhaps ya have come across some new super bug..... :thumbsup: will topher be having fish sticks too TFB ??? ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
topher....i thinking your looking at  spent caddis that have already layed their eggs ....according to mr. mikes web site... a guide here on the d had a double digit day by fishing bead heads to the rising trout eating these dead caddis's....just a guess.... ;D

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
will topher be having fish sticks too TFB ???

no.. that's why I was going to make them.. he doesn't really like to eat fish... just to spend thousands of dollars on stuff so he can catch them and give 'em away or take picture and put 'em back
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
no.. that's why I was going to make them.. he doesn't really like to eat fish... just to spend thousands of dollars on stuff so he can catch them and give 'em away or take picture and put 'em back
the castle came out great! as for not eating fish, i came around as i got older. there's still hope for him.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks, Pooley! I guess it was worth staying up til 2 am putting the finishing touches on  ::)

On to my next trick... submitting grant paperwork for my salon training... I need to go fishing for some R&R!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Thanks, Pooley! I guess it was worth staying up til 2 am putting the finishing touches on  ::)

On to my next trick... submitting grant paperwork for my salon training... I need to go fishing for some R&R!

yeah, topher can't have all the fun! :laugh:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
soon enough we will be out in the boat...definitely need some R+R...well that and I gotta try out some new stuff I got that I haven't had a chance to yet..

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Much better than my students work! When can we catch some walleyes?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
May 1 in NY...May 2 in PA so whenever you would like ;D  I'll probably start next weekend, but that would mean I'd have to put down the flyrod for the first time this year ::) I have alot of fresh poured jig heads and Berkley Gulp....bring them walleyes on....that will have to do until the leeches come in at the bait shop... ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if anyone wants to use the canoe and my walleye  delaware river spot ya welcome to it .........i'll give ya the directions..... :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good afternoon just wanted to ask everyone to read my post (Didymo found in Esopus over on Myfishfinder and visit the websites posted) . This invasive algae also known as Rock Snot has been found in the Esopus creek.
 In an off topic subject since this is the BS thread it looks like we are going to get hit in the wallet/pocket book again by the state. It seems the "big three" in Albany have the votes needed to pass the M.T.A. bailout ,this means fare increases plus a payroll tax and a few surcharges for those of us living in a twelve county area of Southeast NY. .
  Here are a few highlights of the bailout 1.$25.00 dollars surcharge on motor vehicle registrations. 2. a twentyfive to thirty percent increase in drivers license costs .3. a fifty cents per trip surcharge on taxi rides .4.a payroll tax of $3.40 per $1,000.00 earned.5.fare increases 10 percent this year,7.5 percent in 2011 and 7.5 percent in 2013.
  Even with all of this the M.T.A. will in my opinion will still have a budget short fall in 2013.

Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
that bites, as if i take a train, it's New Jersey Transit. also, there are no MTA buses up here!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that rots steve....i aint too impressed with fedzilla & the state brain thurst  soo far...here in pa their gonna charge me 500.00 a year just for being a contractor ...it aint a license...its not tax related...they just decided that if your a builder you need to pay 500.00 to be  in the pike / wayne builders assc. weither you want to or not...cant build here unless ya join...hmmmm didnt they call that exstoresion when they went after the mob ??????? when they do it its okay.... ::)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
It is official the M.T.A. bailout bill passed the payroll tax portion of bill is retroactive to March 1,2009, fare increases start July 1,2009 .
  Like Pooley stated there is no M.T.A. bus service in Rockland or Orange counties and the limited trains we have are run by NJ.Transit under a contract with the M.T.A..Only the local airport (Stewart in Orange county) is run by them and it has a limited number of carriers and flights.
   Holehawg I hear your complaint the city of Newburgh just north of my localation makes all plumbers by a license before they are allowed to work in the city limits. A electrician friend of mine is afraid they will apply this mentality to all tradesmen. He says let the county control licenses not each individual town-city.
   Anyone know what has happened to the spell check feature here and over on MFF ?
 Steve

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It is official the M.T.A. bailout bill passed the payroll tax portion of bill is retroactive to March 1,2009, fare increases start July 1,2009 .
  Like Pooley stated there is no M.T.A. bus service in Rockland or Orange counties and the limited trains we have are run by NJ.Transit under a contract with the M.T.A..Only the local airport (Stewart in Orange county) is run by them and it has a limited number of carriers and flights.
   Holehawg I hear your complaint the city of Newburgh just north of my localation makes all plumbers by a license before they are allowed to work in the city limits. A electrician friend of mine is afraid they will apply this mentality to all tradesmen. He says let the county control licenses not each individual town-city.
   Anyone know what has happened to the spell check feature here and over on MFF ?
 Steve
yepper ... i'm missing the spell check....steve here in pa its not a license..their forcing us to join a building assc. just $$$$$$$ for nuthing... getting time to force these idiots into remembering that they work for us according to the laws that were wrote in 1776......on a lighter note...how are my ny /nj friends ?????????????

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good here brother. when is your b-day party?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I gott figure out when I can bring your books down to you Holehawg....and maybe do some fishing???

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
got it, july14th, if work doesn't kill you first! i just got some more work today. things are looking up.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 work is crazy right now pooley... i'm very busy and lucky ....gonna  make the dough in case i have a off winter like last year.. glad to hear things are picking up down that way....dont worry on the books topher...i have a feeling we shall be fishing together soon ... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Cant' wait ...I'm getting things ready for TFB and I for Mother's Day...I'll be sure to take lots of pics...

• IceShanty Rookie
Speaking of Mother's Day... we checked out the "mystery location" today. They have dumped a dump truck load of topsoil at the end of the "makeshift ramp" ... so we will have to slide the boat a ways to get it into the water (nothing we haven't done before  :roflmao: ).... getting it IN won't be so bad, getting it back OUT will be another thing.  ::)

We just got back from picking night crawlers for me, made out really good, LOTS of nice big fat ones! Yes, I fish with worms like a girl!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good luck out there, with this wind, it will be tough! happy mothers day!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
As expected, the wind was too much and we called it a day just a few hours in....2 bass, several panfish, and a close encounter with a rather large snapping turtle...also saw 3 families of geese which was really cute.....well here's a few pics and then I will make another post with some more pics from yesterday..

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yesterday morning, TFB called me at work to say that we had a temporary "boarder" in the house, awaiting a call from the Pocono Wildlife Rehabilitation Center as to when to take it down to them...well without further adue...
everyone meet " Bam Bam" a 6 day old fawn that was rescued from the middle of the highway on a trip down to Tunkhannock, PA on Monday morning....

TFB just returned from Stroudsburg after delivering the deer to a new good home..

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yesterday morning, TFB called me at work to say that we had a temporary "boarder" in the house, awaiting a call from the Pocono Wildlife Rehabilitation Center as to when to take it down to them...well without further adue...
everyone meet " Bam Bam" a 6 day old fawn that was rescued from the middle of the highway on a trip down to Tunkhannock, PA on Monday morning....

(Image removed from quote.)

TFB just returned from Stroudsburg after delivering the deer to a new good home..
looks like bams getting a curtsy sniff.....cool ya saved her....we've been moving turtles across the road lately.....well i'm off to the grind..... ::)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
cool pics topher! i figured the wind would be a bit much!

• IceShanty Rookie
looks like bams getting a curtsy sniff

Yeah... Berkley seemed quite offended that she didn't want to sniff his butt  :roflmao:  he'd sniff her's then turn around and put his butt in her face, but she'd just walk away...

Kept looking at me like "what the heck kind of dog is this anyway?!?"

She's now at a rehabilitation center that will "wild" her with other fawns, so that they can be released into the wild once they are sure they can care for themselves. The owner told me they take in as many as 40 fawns each year, so she will be part of quite a herd.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i think it a funny looking dog too! :P

• IceShanty Rookie
pooley... did you get the email about the city slickers who found the cat and put the poster up so they could locate the owners?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
better not show Frankie that Cat pic...on second thought maybe he should see it.....Goin down to the local creek that I pass by on the way home from work, as they have stocked it again today....no fly rod this time, as there is no room to be able to use it effectively..one last shot at trout for a while..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.