New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092968 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
happy birthday topher....is TFB gonna row the boat as a b-day gift... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

she should, after last mothers day! ::)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
I have rowed that boat just as much if not more than he has... but I don't trout fish much... he stream fishes... not really my thang.. I don't like bugs  ::)
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I have rowed that boat just as much if not more than he has... but I don't trout fish much... he stream fishes... not really my thang.. I don't like bugs  ::)

i'm with youTFB, i prefer lakes, although, i love fishing the delaware, and upper hudson!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Thanks for the Bday wishes...TFB gave me my gift early..I'll post pics later...it's related to fishing..fly fishing moreso than spinfishing...well, early to bed so I can rise early and sleep off the hangover that already started....good luck tomorrow Joe..hopefully I'll have lots of fish pics to show off.. ;).if not I'll get some local scenery... ::)

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOPHER!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Here's my Birthday presents....

Isn't she thoughtful?   beautiful vest... ;D

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
Here's my Birthday presents....

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

Isn't she thoughtful?   beautiful vest... ;D
NICE HANDREST .... i MEAN NICE VEST ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
come on topher....put on the hat... ;) ;D...you did buy him the hat right TFB ..... ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
happy birthday topher! nice hat you got! :P

franks smallie from yesterday.

• IceShanty Rookie
I gave Topher a make over for his birthday!!!

What y'all think??  :roflmao:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNNY!!!!

Best of luck to anyone fishing PA's opening trout day!

• IceShanty Rookie
Oh BTW.. I didn't get to get him the hat, because every time I went to a place where I could get one, he was there... then he told me he already had one (I've never seen it, I think we need photographic proof, myself...)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Topher hope you had a great birthday, nice looking vest (as a friend says at least look like you know what you are doing) . I think you already found a great gift in your fishing buddy. (Helps with home improvement ,can cut your hair and likes to fish) Also seems to have a good sense of humor.
  Every one good fishing to all of you.

Steve

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Steve...she is well appreciated..Holehawg. .how you make out with the trout today????? I was not successful one bit except that I got to use the fly rod and practically roll casted my arm off.... ;) Had 1 come up at a fly and took a swipe at it..was very exciting..even though no fish caught today by me...I think I'm hooked.. ;D

headed out over to the neighbors for a cocktail or 2...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
didn't get out yesterday...friends house brunt to the ground...took over baby stuff & cloths....heading out this morning to the Delaware...a buddy caught a bunch of stocky's at upperwoods....topher if ya got a black wooly bugger &  gold bead heads or prince nymphs try them in the faster current....strip the fly back to ya.... :thumbsup:...if top water action is hot use the adams.... :thumbsup: good luck today... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
BTW...howd' ya make out with ya pop...did he enjoy it ???????

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
He had a bit of fun..has a hard time standing for long periods of time..and his eyesight isn't all that well, but he has the casting thing down..its now a matter of finding big enough bobbers for him to be able to see..and it will be easier for him to fish from the boat sitting down...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 i struck out today topher...couldn't get a fish to rise  or take wets.... ::) still had fun though... ;) ;D  if ya pop cant see the bobbers ... use balloons...its a old canuck trick..... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:......i blew up my JD lawn mower last night..looks like its one of them years for me.... ::) ::) ::)...just to warn ya guys ... on july 14th i'm planning on throwing my 45th " one more year closer to the stroke birthday bash..." all youse usual suspects will receive invites...i'm working on a pig roast menu.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well...things will turn soon as many fish will be caught... ;)

Here's half of my harvest from the stocked trout pool...

It's the same fish...managed 2 brookies today as the fish were all very line shy..caught the first one during a tan caddis hatch and it was feeding aggressively and took my fly...first one measured 13.25 inches....the second one pictured I got to rise on an Adams Parachute about 7:15 tonite down in the 9 Partners Creek by Binghams Restaurant..measured 10.5 inches..beginner's luck/common sense and Holehawg's tutoring are what I owe thanks to today..

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Good job topher! glad to see you catch some trout, fly fishing!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
way to go topher.... :thumbsup: beginners luck my a*** ...ya earned it buddy....the hatches should really start kicking in this weekend after all this rain.... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm just glad that I finally caught something this year other than a pickerel.. ::)...and I still gotta go get one of them net thingys for aid in landing the fish :D not very easy without one

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yeah, those 'thingys' really do help. :P

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
maybe tfb..will buy ya one of those " thingsy..." to make up for the hat ya did't get... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hey topher did you get that stupid snow storm today too...was wicked cold and damp down this way... ::) ::) ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not up here, but TFB hit it on the way down to Bethlehem this morning..... :o its April for pete's sake...pops and I , weather permitting are heading down to a fresh stocked creek tomorrow after work to try to gain him some experience and show him how much fun fishing can be....instead of being out in the middle of a lake relaxing...

• IceShanty Rookie
instead of being out in the middle of a lake relaxing

There' nothing wrong with relaxing out in the middle of the lake  8)

and holehawg... perhaps if he's a good oy , I might get him a net "thingy" (I think I'm rubbing off on him,  ;D )
I was going to get him one, but he said he didn't need one  :flex: :flex: :flex:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
got 1 of those "thingy's" today so I have it for after work.... ;) me being a bargain shopper bought one that was on sale ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
as me grandma used to say...if its free..its for me..... ;) ;D....i agree TFB...its good to relax style fish once in a while.... :thumbsup: sometimes with the right amount of beer i can get mighty relaxed..... ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
'mighty relaxed' is a good thing! :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well ladies and gents.....it ended up being a productive fishing trip, as Pop and I went down to TFB's parents house to the creek after some fresh trout...things started out very slow :( but then all of the sudden:::::::::::

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
on the fly rod ....if so i think ya got it down buddy..... ;) ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.