New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092590 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
K pops ;)...I'll do what I can..... ;D...If anything good comes out of this its my ability to read came back to me...Its nice to sit back with a good book once in a while... :)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yea....a cold one ..a warm fire...hunting and fishing book...beats the heck out of the tube.... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
99% of the time...when the weather isn't on...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks for the huntington bass pic pooley..... :thumbsup:.....cant wait for sat. opener... :tipup: :unsure: :tipup:...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
what kind of shad darts do you use on the Big D...bucktail ones.. ???

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
red /white....green/white....with white hair tails...for spin fishing....gold ..pink ..green  flies tyed by rainbowflies for the fly rod... :thumbsup: but i'll give up a secret.....i once caught 7 shad in a row in a rapids below callicoon with a thomas gold spinner ... they like the color gold...they like the flash of the lure falling thru the current.... ;) ;D...i bet the gold thomas spinners with the red colored blades would work well.... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i've caught a couple of shad on #2 silver mepps aglias.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
shad are like a mall girl...they like flashy... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
speaking of flashy..... ::)...what has happened to our friend jimmy c.  ???????????? has our up state correspondent gone off the grid ??? ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: this tea party thing is catching on....i cant wait till we do it with guns... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Speaking of flashy, pooley, I have picked up 4 new kastmasters for next year ice fishing--2 copper colored and 2 gold colored all 4 in 1/12th oz size.....I am way too ahead of myself on that though..still got 8 months to go..gonna give em a try on the stockies in the deep pools...it's amazing what you can do stream bank fishing with an 8' and 9' pole :o...Went down tonite to my next Tuesday trout spot and cleared the pickers and brush so my pops and I can lounge and fish for a good afternoon and making it as good as possible for his first time out...in 60 years... 8)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 i hope that goes well for you guys topher.... :)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
me too..we weren't very close as I grew up, and now with the passing of his wife, he's got a lot of time on his hands...as far as hunting, that was about the only thing that the two of us did together alone...and Its not like he needs to spenf a lot of coin to get gear..bought him his first pole for Easter and I got's nuff gear for a small army... ::) TFB says I'm nuts...but hey, she fishes too ;)

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
from our local paper.......
License fee Increases enacted: With many state agencies facing deficits, including the Division of Fish, Wildlife and Marine Resources in New York, fishermen, hunters and trappers will find buying licenses to pursue their recreation a more expensive proposition for the 2009-10 license year.

With the recent passage of the state budget, virtually all resident and nonresident licenses have increased in price.

Examples of the price changes for residents for many popular licenses are an increase in the Super Sportsman from $68 to $88; Sportsman from $37 to $47; fishing from $19 to $29; and bowhunting from $16 to $21.

Deer management permits, formerly free to many license-class holders, will now cost $10 for all but lifetime license holders. The license increases start Oct. 1.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
from our local paper.......
License fee Increases enacted: With many state agencies facing deficits, including the Division of Fish, Wildlife and Marine Resources in New York, fishermen, hunters and trappers will find buying licenses to pursue their recreation a more expensive proposition for the 2009-10 license year.

With the recent passage of the state budget, virtually all resident and nonresident licenses have increased in price.

Examples of the price changes for residents for many popular licenses are an increase in the Super Sportsman from $68 to $88; Sportsman from $37 to $47; fishing from $19 to $29; and bowhunting from $16 to $21.

Deer management permits, formerly free to many license-class holders, will now cost $10 for all but lifetime license holders. The license increases start Oct. 1.

well i guess i should breakdown and buy a lifetime license this year its probably worth it i don't think that the price of licenses will ever go down

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that means 70$ instead of 40$ for me... >:(

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good idea on the castmasters. i have to get a few more colors. i have silver and gold.

at least the money is going toward the fish and wildlife programs, and not the general fund!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that means 70$ instead of 40$ for me... >:(
me too....patterson & company are gonna lose mega money from out of state  outdoors folks... :%$#!:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
good idea on the castmasters. i have to get a few more colors. i have silver and gold.

the local Gander by where I work has like 10 different colors...all mostly 1/8 and 1/4 now though.....Saturday cannot come soon enough..... ::)

also..tan caddis hatching on Salt Lick Creek, and the Beaverkill-yesterday and blue quill on the Willowemoc....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
blue quills on the delaware....my river guide buddy ran his first drift boat of the year yesterday...will get the coffee shop scoop on the fishing today... ;) ;D...sat. count down is on.... :thumbsup:

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
TFB says I'm nuts...but hey, she fishes too

I don't THINK he's nuts, I KNOW he is.... and yes he is an addict! (BTW the way.. I really do fish like a girl... $25 pole and $2.00 bucket of worms, hehe, but I catch LOTS of fish!!!)

Though... if Topher builds me the worm box for my birthday like he promised... I won't have to buy worms....  ;D
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Though... if Topher builds me the worm box for my birthday like he promised... I won't have to buy worms....  ;D

gotta get worms to start with there TFB... ::)   how about a leech bed as well..... ???

• IceShanty Rookie
Topher... well YOU have to fill... that's part of my present silly  :cookoo:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we'll have to get out thae big fish tank and use it for the leeches...buy in bulk and save money--- ;)

• IceShanty Rookie
mmmm.... leeches

yes, and YOU can clean the tank

Hey Y'ALL...

:whistle: :whistle:   Don't forget to wish Topher a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!!!  :whistle: :whistle:

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
So we went fishing this morning, me, Pooley, YO and Frank. Had a great day out on the water. We caught some fish and had a great time. Pooley and i caught trout so big that we thought they were salmon! (They've grown a little since we got home)

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yes Hockey, it gets bigger with every glass of BUD.  ::)That stuff sure is amazing. :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
 :whistle:

2.1 lbs. , and 3.5 lbs.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
awesome guys.....Tomorrow I hope to have a couple pics like that...maybe not as big but of FISH... :D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
way to guys..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: hoping i can fool a couple tomorrow.... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 happy birthday topher....is TFB gonna row the boat as a b-day gift... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.