New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1094762 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
pooley says that THIS is the BS thread so:

BS                                      ;D

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yeah Pooley, didn't mean to forget you, Happy Passover :thumbsup:Have a good Holiday.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 i live in pa in the woods...what the heck is passover anyway ??????? up here its when ya dont shoot the spike on opening day ..... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
being from farther in the woods than Holehawg--its when you catch the first fish and then release it no matter how big it was....without pictures...I do know what the real meaning is though

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
YO   can't believe Holly is 20... ??? how time flies,and my boy's r 25 & 24 with a 2 year old grandson :cookoo: :woot:
Pooley,,,,, shalom my brother  LOL
May your matsas stay dry when your beer spills on them :clap: :whistle:
and your gelfilter fish don't eat all your bait,, ;D lol
see you in shabas friday night,
Don't ask how I know this sh#@
It's more than a cathlic boy wants to know :nono: :callcops: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hockey12 and i fished the beaverkill today. rob got a sucker,and that's it. we did go to the debruce hatchery though, so we saw trout! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hockey12 and i fished the beaverkill today. rob got a sucker,and that's it. we did go to the debruce hatchery though, so we saw trout! ;D
i take it youse boys was fishing " purist pinky's # 6 with a sinker around a foot up....?????????? ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:i didnt hear any fire tones so i take it the m80's stayed in the tackle box... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i take it youse boys was fishing " purist pinky's # 6 with a sinker around a foot up....?????????? ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:i didnt hear any fire tones so i take it the m80's stayed in the tackle box... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
you got it. we forgot the m80's. :-\
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i wish i knew youse guys was heading up...i watched the fish comiss. stock the callicoon creek......they put 'um out right by the sewer plant discharge into the creek...just down from where the garage drains it floor drains into the creek...gives 'um that country flavor... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: a few cigerette butts tied on to a hook & ya boys could have limited out.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
the biggest rainbow i've caught, was at the village sewer discharge, here in suffern. :P

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
biggest trout-rainbow was at a trout park in Tunkhannock..other than that I have only caught "stockies"--they eat anything... ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
10 days to go and the caddis & may flies should out....if it doesnt flood from now till then... the mighty d will fish nicely... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Time for me to read.......... :o and put away the  " shiny red ball "--actually have been hitting the books, and watching the local creeks and streams and we are starting to see the hatch up here... ???  Got a lot to learn..,.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
apple caddis and other caddis's will be first....use the prince bead head..early too...get alot of parachute adams... :thumbsup: keep watching mikes rainsendflies web sight..on his stream conditions he'll tell ya whats hatching & what flies to use....he's kind of my flyfishing for dummys guide... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if you can, I know the list that you posted earlier for me includes pretty much everything I need, but can you give me a short list for the first hatches so I can get them ordered soon....thanks a million.. 8)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
look at my last post 1 back...plus...gray caddis...blue winged olive...quill gorden...hendrickson.. .red quill...that 'll cover quite a bit... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thats what I needed to know---and then the others I can get as the season demands--at least order them early enough to have them for that particular hatch

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
hey Topher... shouldn't you be workin'??  :nono:

....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
SNAGGED... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:...she'll be real happy with ya when we spend the day floating down the D smelling like  floating dry fly gink & beer.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks for the reminder--waiting for parts DEAR  ;D  anyways, I gotta pick up dry fly spray somewhere as well..... ::)---and honey--is your car ready to go?????

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
this is getting good! :P

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
waiting for parts DEAR

Lighten up DEAR.. I'm just bustin' yur a**  :roflmao:

she'll be real happy with ya when we spend the day floating down the D smelling like  floating dry fly gink & beer.

Holehawg... he knows I'm just pickin' ... besides I'm the one that's usually dragging his butt out of bed to fish  ;D
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i need popcorn! nah, i hate that stuff, i need a beer! :P

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll make sure that I have a 6'er in the fridge for Holehawg, so that next time there won't be a dry throat condition..as for the popcorn,   try beer nuts with your beer... ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
aaaah yes .....good old beer nuts in that red package that used to be at the end of the bar by the pickled eggs and red hots....these yuppie joints ruined drinking.... ;) ;D....hitting middletown gander after taxes....most likely i'll be buying bullets after writing checks for a congress i cant stand.... ::) ::) ::) ::)....

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
here is a good fly fishing page.
www.catskillflies.com

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks guys....next sat is callicoon creek / mighty d day.... :clap:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
headed down to the local fly shop to start the process of building an arsenal of flies...trout opens here next Saturday, and as a B-day present to myself...I'm goin' fishin'  for as long as I can..weather permitting ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
very very helpful list..and 2 hrs later I left the shop...28 flies..and a few accessories to go along with them...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.