The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strike Master Lite Flite Auger  (Read 1157 times)

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Strike Master Lite Flite Auger
« on: Nov 29, 2019, 11:54 PM »
Is there some wabble when you have attached the Lite Flite to your hand drill?  Looking into buying one but seen some YouTube videos showing a wabble where attached to the drill.  Anyone notice this who has one or maybe they did not tighten the bolt enough?

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
Re: Strike Master Lite Flite Auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2020, 06:10 PM »
There does seem to be a little hick up with the adaptor bolt loosening a little, creating some wobble between the adaptor, and auger shaft. I retightened mine another 1/4 turn, and its been 100% tight since, probably 40 holes in, and its solid. Ive heard others with the same experience, others say is has loosened a few times. Some have lock tighted the bolt. I would say its a problem, but def have to watch it the first time or two.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline sleddog1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2020, 07:39 PM »
The adapter has a ring around the top that’s a little bigger than the hex. If you tighten on it the chuck will come loose. Make sure it is into the drill chuck as far as possible. You can also grind that ring off.

Ring ground off.

Offline Zip-in-Z

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2020, 06:58 PM »
Sleddog1 .... Tks for posting the pic's & recommendation, I'm in the process of buying a StrikeMaster auger and need the adapter.

Cheers

David

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.