The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 2008 Fishing License Reminder--March 1  (Read 821 times)

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
2008 Fishing License Reminder--March 1
« on: Feb 19, 2008, 04:55 PM »
Beginning Feb. 19 Montana’s new 2008 hunting and fishing licenses will be available. But hold it—if you are an early bird and get your new license now, don’t forget to hang onto your 2007 license until March 1. March 1 is when the new 2008 license goes into effect. Montana’s 2007 hunting and fishing licenses expire Feb. 29.

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2008 Fishing License Reminder--March 1
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Also the updated regs go into effect. Be sure to check on the chanes for the lakes you fish. 

http://fwp.mt.gov/content/getItem.aspx?id=30096

The most notable change I saw were the fact that you can no longer filet and consume fish while on the water or ice.  Their rationale is

"The provision allowing immediate consumption was removed because it conflicts with the new rule requiring all fish to be identifiable while still on the water fishing or ice fishing."

I don't like that.  I sure like to snack on a freshly caught perch or ling while waiting for the next bite.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.