Author Topic: Pike = Jericho Lake Report  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
Pike = Jericho Lake Report
« on: Oct 27, 2009, 07:15 AM »
I sent an email to the biologist that did you lake survey of Jericho this year, this is what he had to say. His complete report will be out in 2010.

"A survey of Northern pike in Jericho Lake, Berlin was conducted in April of 2009. In two weeks of netting, 18 fish were caught representing different sizes and age classes indicative of a healthy population"
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pike = Jericho Lake Report
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2009, 11:08 AM »
2 Weeks of netting and only 18 fiish??

I wonder how much tht cost the state? LOL

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2009, 11:33 AM »
2 Weeks of netting and only 18 fiish??

I wonder how much tht cost the state? LOL

The complete report will come out in 2010, it will list all the man hours for the survey.
Most of the surveys I believe are done with Interns filling the internships for there school which they attend along with a F&G personal. 
In each report theres a cost factor for each survey, including hours spent, labor cost.
The survey will include all fish that were netted.

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2009, 02:43 PM »
That will be interesting to see. I don't know that I would call 18 fish over 2 weeks a "healthy population", though thats just on those numbers. The full report will tell. Maybe they will start helping out of few of these pike places and that will discourage bucket biologists and keep warm and cold water fisherman happy.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2009, 03:31 PM »
if you saw the size of the place you would think that was pretty good  ;D.....it would be hard to grow a big population of pike there.......atleast thats my opinion.....the bass fishing can be pretty good, but lots of smaller bass......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2009, 03:49 PM »
Thats true, a small pond wouldn't hold that many pike. Sounds a little like Wilson pond down in Keene area. Though I've always thought there are 10 pike that each get caught 3 times each winter there. Went to the high school down the road from there, that was always the joke.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2009, 09:34 AM »
i think what the bio was saying is that because there were fish from different age groups in the 18 fish..that means the fish are infact breeding and doing o.k. i don't think he was saying there is a huge population :whistle:

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2009, 09:51 AM »
I agree

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.