Author Topic: New to IceShanty  (Read 346 times)

Offline Fish-it-hard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish til you drop
New to IceShanty
« on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:00 PM »
I have read this forum for the past few years to get some good info. and have enjoyed the awesome stories from the group. Thanks to you all for allowing me to join in.

I'm excited to finally get on the ice this year and rock this thing. Slow year for NH ice building and it's killing me. I started to panic and bought my first Maine license just incase the conditions here in NH fail me and/or us. I can only get out 1 day a week and the clock is ticking loud and clear. Thank you also for posting minimum ice conditions so everyone stays safe. I'm a "glass half full" type of person and I'm sure there will be plenty of time to fish NH this year.

I'd be interested I hearing from anyone who has started a fishing derby for charity and can share their experiences good or sad.

Be safe and enjoy everyday !
Waynedog

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New to IceShanty
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:03 PM »
Welcome aboard!
I will miss my wife this winter, I'll see her in the spring!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:21 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Fish-it-hard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish til you drop
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:24 PM »
Thanks FS-20.

A little background on my ice fishing past is mostly based on getting out with a bucket of shiners and a handful of tip-ups. Meet a couple of buddies on Great, Greenwood or Swains Pond for a couple of pops and to get caught up on the family news. Now that the kiddos older and are joining in it would be fun to start actually targeting species and showing some results. All things Trout are on the list this year.

Hit the Winni Derby last year for the first time and drove straight onto Meredith Harbor. Portable toilets, weigh-in, sausage dude. Good spot for everything but an actual legitimate fish for the board. That 13-9 Laker blew everyone's mind. Even the judges.

Hope the weather cooperates this year and lays out the icy deck needed to have another fun time.
Waynedog

Offline cperry807

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:25 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Fish-it-hard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish til you drop
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:36 PM »
Thanks 800-S and CP-807.