Author Topic: Don't know if I can keep waiting  (Read 749 times)

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
Don't know if I can keep waiting
« on: Sep 30, 2019, 09:33 PM »
It's still a long way from ice up down here. Last day of September, the high today was 94, and the water temps are still in the upper 70s.  We didn't get safe ice until New Years the last two winters. The way that seasons are swinging, I wonder whether I'll walk on water at all unless I make a serious road trip
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: Don't know if I can keep waiting
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2019, 05:18 AM »
We can only pray!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2019, 06:12 AM »
I booked a trip on lake of the woods over the week of Christmas, the long wait we have in Nebraska drives me nuts

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2019, 04:48 PM »
I sometimes resort to dock or pier fishing to emulate ice fishing. Use my longer ice rods and of course my fishfinder. All that missing is the cold and solitude. Anyway great way to ensure tackle is ready to go when the big freeze does hit.

I try to find places that have 14-20 foot depths here in Ohio. Usually if that amount of depth is present. I almost always find something to catch.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2019, 04:59 PM »
It’s confusing me. I see Montana got socked with 40+ inches. Not what we want but it’s indicative of cold coming. But the part I’m confused about is, around here I’ve seen TONS of acorns and beech tree nuts, but I’ve also seen a lot of bees nests on the ground and not up in trees. So who knows. I would suspect we will have a colder than average winter just based on the massive amount of tree nuts around. I’m praying for 32 degrees day and -32 at night for about a week. With no wind. Then it can go back to normal seasonal temps 😬
“Some of us are wise, and some of us are otherwise” M.R. Levin...

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2019, 08:29 PM »
Northern MN is getting down into the mid 30's tonight   :clap:

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2019, 08:42 PM »
Been waiting for ice all summer.  Temps are finally dropping into the 30's at night, 50's during the day here in northern Utah.
 Hopefully with waterfowl season opening Saturday, by the time I get bored shooting ducks there will be ice ready

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #7 on: Oct 01, 2019, 09:24 PM »
Northern MN is getting down into the mid 30's tonight   :clap:

Ughhh I’d love to move to Northern Minnesota, so beautiful and TONS of lakes and backwoods, it’s just I can’t get over the amount of communist politicians and bureaucrats squirreled away in every level of government in that state. I know I know, it’s almost as bad in Michigan! TO MOOSE JAW SASKATCHEWAN WE SHOULD GO  ;D
“Some of us are wise, and some of us are otherwise” M.R. Levin...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.