Author Topic: Should I buy the new lite flite auger  (Read 4796 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Should I buy the new lite flite auger
« on: Sep 24, 2019, 10:29 PM »
So I was pretty set on getting the new lite flite auger. however not sure it will fit a clam plate you would think they would want it to fit there other lazer augers I believe you need the adaptor or is that just for K drills? I know the regular lazer is only a few pounds more but no center bit after what Eskimo did about the pistol bit I believe I will not be buying any more of there products. $180 is a lot for 2 blades and plastic but it is lite your thoughts

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Should I buy the new lite flite auger
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2019, 12:37 AM »
I remember using a lazer for a bit  I was on dirty ice and after 1 try could no longer cut this would mean I should stay with the shaver style blade live in central mn seems like a lot of open winters lately.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2019, 04:12 AM »
It apoears that the SM new suger is designed to easily fit onto a SM power auger head with out any adapter ..i notice this item too ..seems to be whats on the lite flite

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/strikemaster-two-stage-drill-adapter-for-auger-drill?a=2209993
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2019, 09:37 AM »
I would love to have someone confirm that the Kdrill adapter will work.  I'm one adapter away from buying the Lite Flite and that would sell me on one right now!  I love the Lazer and can't wait to have a lighter version.  I personally haven't had many issues with dulling blades that are rendered nearly useless.  Especially if you get them sharpened every once in awhile and have a spare set just in case.

I just love the speed of them

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2019, 10:00 AM »
Looks like its the NDA-3 adapter...18mm and 22mm I am assuming the Clam Plate to Kdrill adapter is 22mm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2019, 10:35 AM »
Ok ..I removed the powerhead off my StrikeMaster Mag 2000 8 in Chipper ..and I was able to put in the Kdrill's Drive Adapter ..the holes lined up and I was able to apply/tighten the Allen bolt ..no slop fit perfect

https://kdrillauger.americommerce.com/drive-adapter-38

so using the above link/Kdrill to Clam plate adapter in my previous post should be fine ..NOTE there is another adapter to Clam Plate that probably will not work .

Offline xiaolu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2020, 06:47 PM »
At my local Bass Pro Shops I see there are this StrikeMaster LITE-FLITE 8" LAZER auger in stock, and on the package it says

"includes NDA-3 Two Stage Drill Adapter"

Does this adapter directly fit the CLAM auger drill plate?

Thanks
Mostly ice fishing Lake Simcoe in southern Ontario, Canada, for lake trout (lakers), lake whitefish (whities), and jumbo yellow perch:-)

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2020, 07:09 PM »
At my local Bass Pro Shops I see there are this StrikeMaster LITE-FLITE 8" LAZER auger in stock, and on the package it says

"includes NDA-3 Two Stage Drill Adapter"

Does this adapter directly fit the CLAM auger drill plate?

Thanks

No ..you will need the K-Drill to Clam Plate adapter...the Lite Flight will bolt directly to a auger power head(gas/propane/electric) 22 mm...

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2020, 07:21 PM »
I have the kdrill adapter for my lite flite/clam plate combo. Works great. I also have the kdrill extension and it works well with the lite flite as well.

Offline xiaolu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2020, 10:16 PM »
No ..you will need the K-Drill to Clam Plate adapter...the Lite Flight will bolt directly to a auger power head(gas/propane/electric) 22 mm...
Thank you for the info!
Mostly ice fishing Lake Simcoe in southern Ontario, Canada, for lake trout (lakers), lake whitefish (whities), and jumbo yellow perch:-)

Offline xiaolu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2020, 10:16 PM »
I have the kdrill adapter for my lite flite/clam plate combo. Works great. I also have the kdrill extension and it works well with the lite flite as well.
Thank you. Guess I will try get the K-drill adapter first...

Offline xiaolu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 13, 2020, 06:44 AM »
Is this the adapter I need? Thanks?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Nov 13, 2020, 08:07 AM »
This is the one I have/use ..the one you posted may work ..but not certain .

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clam-K-Drill-Power-Auger-Adapter-for-Conversion-Kit/476673624

Offline xiaolu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Nov 13, 2020, 10:10 AM »
This is the one I have/use ..the one you posted may work ..but not certain .

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clam-K-Drill-Power-Auger-Adapter-for-Conversion-Kit/476673624
Thank you. Though the one you linked at walmart.com does not look like is available at walmart.ca in Canada (where I am), unfortunately:-)

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2020, 11:37 AM »
Thank you. Though the one you linked at walmart.com does not look like is available at walmart.ca in Canada (where I am), unfortunately:-)

The one you posted could work just fine ..if you can get it and the store will take it back EZPZ if it should not work I would try that ..unless you can search and find the adapter I posted ..

I believe FishUSA (site sponsor) has them and ships up that way ..

https://www.fishusa.com/search?keywords=k%20drill

Offline xiaolu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2020, 11:59 AM »
The one you posted could work just fine ..if you can get it and the store will take it back EZPZ if it should not work I would try that ..unless you can search and find the adapter I posted ..

I believe FishUSA (site sponsor) has them and ships up that way ..

https://www.fishusa.com/search?keywords=k%20drill
Thank you, and yes I will try find the one you posted (the one I posted above from K-Drill is also from USA, asking for over $40 U.S. to ship to Canada!:-)

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2020, 12:13 PM »
Thank you, and yes I will try find the one you posted (the one I posted above from K-Drill is also from USA, asking for over $40 U.S. to ship to Canada!:-)

Ouch ..make sure you post where you ended up finding one and price to help your future Canadians out with the same set up .

Offline xiaolu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2020, 04:00 PM »
Ouch ..make sure you post where you ended up finding one and price to help your future Canadians out with the same set up .
Yes I will.

(I mean $45 U.S. for shipping, that's real highway robbery in my book!:-)

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Nov 13, 2020, 04:32 PM »
Yes I will.

(I mean $45 U.S. for shipping, that's real highway robbery in my book!:-)

Amazon ? maybe .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.