Author Topic: Lake Lenore  (Read 9703 times)

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Lenore
« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2019, 11:15 AM »
Lake Lenore is accessible from the 777.  that is the boat launch.

st Brieux I want to say no.  you would have to walk through someones yard to get to the lake from there

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2019, 12:28 PM »
Great, thanks!  We'll try the more northern access point for St Brieux, I think we were able to access the lake there in November.

Offline saskwallydiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2019, 12:08 PM »
How is access here since the snow and cold? Can you still access the little lake from the east or west side? Is an extension needed yet?

Thanks!

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 13, 2019, 10:05 AM »
There is no more vehicle access.  I tried and got stuck bad.  drifts are big and rock hard so you wont get far.

Offline saskwallydiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 13, 2019, 11:12 AM »
Thanks ben-lucky, I guess I’ll have to load up the skidoo or walk out somewhere. Lake access is very limited in the area now, quite a change from the past few years.

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 28, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Hi all,
Has anyone accessed the lake recently at St Brieux (see picture, coordinates are 52.62993, -104.90507).  In January we were able to park there and walk onto the lake, but I'm wondering whether the road is still accessible now that there's been a lot of snow. 

We also were able to drive on the lake in the south part of Lenore but based on what ben-lucky said I'm assuming there's too much snow to drive there now (other picture.)  So we will probably walk instead... I'm hoping that at least the road off 777 is accessible so we can park at the boat launch?

Thanks!

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Mar 03, 2019, 12:39 PM »
The farmer who plows the south side of lake lenore is thirsty (likes whiskey) and tired of pulling out dumb ass people who try to drive on with crapty vechiles....so if you going make sure you have a bottle with you. Your all wheel drive edge or caravan does not mean its a 4x4 capable of going through over a foot of snow.

Offline EVAN NIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 04, 2019, 08:15 AM »
....are you the farmer??! ???

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 04, 2019, 07:49 PM »
sounds like a local that knows what's up is all.

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Mar 25, 2019, 01:39 PM »
Hi! I'm wondering if someone could tell me the approximate date when most of the ice has melted on Lenore lake.

I'm from the University of Regina and writing my thesis on winter conditions in lakes around SK, so that's why I'm hoping to catch the approx. ice-off date, which would be when 2/3 of the lake has melted or the first day when its completely melted to go with a boat. I'm grateful for any reply and update as soon as the ice melts! Thanks! :)

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Apr 03, 2019, 01:03 PM »
The farmer who plows the south side of lake lenore is thirsty (likes whiskey) and tired of pulling out dumb ass people who try to drive on with crapty vechiles....so if you going make sure you have a bottle with you. Your all wheel drive edge or caravan does not mean its a 4x4 capable of going through over a foot of snow.

Haha thanks nice mustang.  We had a 4x4 truck, but from past experience we know it can still get stuck in the snow... other trucks had made some tracks though so we were able to drive out a little ways on the ice without getting stuck! Next time we will bring some whiskey just in case :)

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Apr 03, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Hi! I'm wondering if someone could tell me the approximate date when most of the ice has melted on Lenore lake.

I'm from the University of Regina and writing my thesis on winter conditions in lakes around SK, so that's why I'm hoping to catch the approx. ice-off date, which would be when 2/3 of the lake has melted or the first day when its completely melted to go with a boat. I'm grateful for any reply and update as soon as the ice melts! Thanks! :)

Just reposting this to see if anyone might be planning to keep track of when the ice has completely melted on Lenore.  I'm hoping to sample there as soon as it's possible to get out with a boat, guessing that will be about mid to late April.  I'm also interested in other lakes in the area, namely Wakaw and Humboldt lake.  Thanks!

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 20, 2020, 10:17 PM »
Anyone been on Lake Lenore this year? 

Wondering what the ice and snow conditions are like in the south basin and St Brieux (see points on map), and if anyone has been driving on with 4x4 trucks. 

Thanks! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.