Author Topic: Clam Ledgen thermal XL problem  (Read 2526 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
Clam Ledgen thermal XL problem
« on: Jan 11, 2015, 10:09 PM »
I bought a new Clam Thermal Legend XL. I love the size and seat but hate the poles. I finally got to take it out Friday night for the first time. When I went to set up that's where it all went bad. I extended the first bar and it clicked it place perfect. The second bar and third bar will not click in to place. I actually ended up just pulling them out so the detent would catch at the end of the pole. Its like the holes do not line up with the detents. My guess would be the poles were not drilled inline with the bottom holes that mount to the sled. I could just drill out the holes and make them bigger so they will go into position but I think that's a bunch of BS for as much as the hut costs. Has anybody else ran into this problem?
 Thanks!

Offline RangerEdgren

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clam Ledgen thermal XL problem
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2015, 12:22 AM »
I had the same problem with my Legend Thermal as well and did the same thing drilled a wider hole. It is pretty terrible to throw that much cash down and have to mod.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:55 PM »
I think I'm going to call Clam and ask them about it. I can just drill a bigger hole but it is BS. Maybe they will do something but from what I have heard I better not hold my breath lol.

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:08 PM »
74 your mailbox is full
Fishin red lines

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:58 PM »
Thanks Hamm's! Its wide open now lol. I didn't realize it was full 

Offline IBfishing04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2015, 01:08 PM »
Other than then the small hole problem. Do you guys have any regrets with the legend thermal? I've been looking at them thinking about picking one up?

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2015, 01:12 PM »
So far I really like mine. Two extra qidthand length are a big improvement. The light bar is super bright that comes with it as well. I would say go for it but watch out doe the holes. Buy it on sportsman's guide. If your a member u get 10% off plus it may qualify for the free shipping.
Good luck
Matt

Offline RangerEdgren

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2015, 12:04 AM »
i have the legend thermal not xl damn near the same but i do love it. Very warm big bucket for all your stuff and plenty of elbow room as well.

Offline buttontate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2015, 11:05 PM »
Put some electrical tape (tightly) around the bottom of the pole clamp collar, this will give it some more tension to snap in place. When everything is in place mark the pole with a permanent marker so you know where the collars are suppose to clamp.

Did this to mine and haven't had any problems.

Offline jfusco5598

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2015, 02:36 PM »
Put some electrical tape (tightly) around the bottom of the pole clamp collar, this will give it some more tension to snap in place. When everything is in place mark the pole with a permanent marker so you know where the collars are suppose to clamp.

Did this to mine and haven't had any problems.

Can you post a pic of this?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.