Author Topic: Fatfish 949i improvments  (Read 8305 times)

Offline Fish_tracker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lake Scugog, Ontario
Re: Fatfish 949i improvments
« Reply #30 on: Dec 12, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Updates guys would be great. Are you happy with your purchases?
><(((((((((( {•<  .. .  ..... . ><(((•>

Offline gemcityslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 14, 2012, 12:55 AM »
I was a strong voice last year expressing my opinion that the hubs were junk.  I bought and tested a 949i last year and ended up taking it back.  I took a little bit of heat for it - a lot of guys just said they found a fix for the hubs themselves.  I was of the opinion if you pay that much for something it shouldn't have major defaults like a poor hub design and cheap hub materials.

Glad to see they fixed it - I don't think I was the only one who was unhappy with them last year but there is only one way for them to really get the message and thats not giving them business and buying a crappy product.  I actually love the quickfish series.

Will be interesting to see the reviews this year.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Dec 18, 2012, 10:04 PM »
I wonder why they only put the cold air barrier in one model and not all of them.  Maybe they are testing it out with the one model this year and will put it in all models next year.  I like the red and black material on the Fatfishes but would buy a Quickfish also.

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 20, 2012, 05:26 PM »
i have the original 949 FF. first year they came out. now i should have went with the extra 100 bucks and got the insulated just out of spite but anyways,

the 949 does seem to sweat but only on the walls. the ceiling seems to stay dry. i do admit, some of the poles next to the doors only seem to be stressed a little more than the rest. but have had no problems. hubs look metalike? cant say they look plastic at all.

now this is my second year with it and i admit, it gets used alot.  this year some stitching has went on the strap that you pull on to expand the hub wall. i just tied a knot and now its fine. still fits great in the bag every time. although i do worry bout the bag straps. i hope they dont fail because they are nice lol.

but with everything i beleive you have to take care of these. i bring into the basement to dry out after every trip.  i make sure to bring it out once in the summer.

just my 2cents. would loved to have got the insulated one to see if its warmer.

Offline ATRAIN44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 21, 2012, 07:33 AM »
I have the 949i, I bought it last year.  I did not have any major problems with it, but I can see over-flexion in my poles when it's up for sure.  I could see how issues could arise.  To be pro-active I called Eskimo on Wednesday and addressed my concerns with them and those of others.  The woman I spoke to was helpful and had her supervisor call me back (which she did within 15 minutes).  She was quite honest about some concerns they had from last years model, but she did agree to UPS me what she called "HUB Inserts" for each hub center that they designed to address the issue of the poles popping out of the HUB.  I've owned it for a year and didn't send in the warranty card and she was still very helpful.  Would have loved this years model in exchange, but I don't have any current issues with my model and I understand the business side of things.  She also said the improvements for this year included larger poles and a new HUB design that is ball and socket instead of pin insert.  I didn't get the "HUB Inserts" yet, but when I do I will let you know if they seem to help.  Just my 2 cents!  Wish I had this knowledge last year  :-\
Women love me.....fish fear me!!!

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 21, 2012, 07:40 AM »
for those that asked about the Clam, I have the Clam summit Thermal 6x8 that i got new last year and aside from the ice anchors that came with it I have 0 complaints.  its the first shelter I hve owned i really enjoyed using it.  I would recommend for any pop up getting the Ultimate Ice Anchors to replace the screws that come with them

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Dec 30, 2012, 08:25 PM »
How easy is your Clam to set up?

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2013, 04:48 PM »
The Clam is the same as the FF to set up. The clam does have bigger poles and hubs but you do notice a difference when setting up or taking down. I bought the 4000XL thermal. Its a really nice hut. No complaints.
 Matt

How easy is your Clam to set up?

Offline Fish_tracker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lake Scugog, Ontario
« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2013, 07:34 PM »
The Clam is the same as the FF to set up. The clam does have bigger poles and hubs but you do notice a difference when setting up or taking down. I bought the 4000XL thermal. Its a really nice hut. No complaints.
 Matt

Very happy with Bigfoot non insulated.  Light to move and easy to set up. No dripping to mention. Heating with a with 10,000 btu. Lots of room. Two guys + gear + two tip ups   Slick!

><(((((((((( {•<  .. .  ..... . ><(((•>

Offline kennyd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 23, 2013, 04:55 PM »
can someone describe the new bag to me?? mine ripped on the first trip (2013 fat fish 949i) and i want to make sure they sent me the new correct bag since it is differernt then the one i had...the one that came with it had built in cinch straps and this new one doesnt, has a zipper that goes to the end, and one end is padded...which is the new bag and which is the old?? :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.