Author Topic: 120 days of ice fishing and my equipment  (Read 1100 times)

Offline dani

• IceShanty Rookie
120 days of ice fishing and my equipment
« on: Feb 29, 2012, 08:44 AM »
Well after 3 years and at least 120 days of use, my equipment has held up real good. Clam Dave Gentz 2 man flip up mostly towed by the 4 wheeler and not spared has no bent poles ,no rips and zippers are like new. Showdown used everyday ,no issues at all. Tanaka/nils auger. Tanaka has been a dream,quiet starts every time, light and easy on gas. Nils auger blades ,well had second thoughts about them but soon realized after using other brands that I'm staying with Nils. I just won't lend it out again! Seen a lot of other equipment out there and tried a lot and must just say I'm happy with these products! Happy fishing! Dani

Offline osiris

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 120 days of ice fishing and my equipment
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2012, 01:15 AM »
it sure is nice to spend the time on the ice fishing not working on your equipment, nothing beats a little research before a purchase, good to hear everything is keeping up, ive been suprised by the clam shacks lost mine at 70mph one late night and only 2 slightly bent poles, what does the nills weigh in at? havent looked into them

Offline dani

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2012, 04:23 PM »
I'd say the Tanaka /nils 8" auger come in at roughly 20-21 pounds. It is a dream team as far as I'm concern,no regrets here. D

Offline NEK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2012, 02:03 PM »
I got a Tanaka - Nils 6" - with 48 " auger shaft-  about half way through this season and have used it a lot with no problems - easy starts and fast drilling! It weighs in at just about 20 lbs. Outstanding piece of equipment.
Warren

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.