Author Topic: Trekker 2 vs. Quick Flip 2  (Read 1042 times)

Offline walleyedmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
Trekker 2 vs. Quick Flip 2
« on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Not trying to start a war here, and I know that Frabill is a sponsor, but I am hoping to get a few unbiased opinions on these two shelters. I have been in the Frabill Trekker 2, seems nice, but I have not had the opportunity to sit in the Eskimo Quick Flip 2, which sounds equally nice. Anyone had experience with both of these shelters that might want to share their opinion?
As always, I am............ walleyed

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Trekker 2 vs. Quick Flip 2
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:38 PM »
What is the difference in weight between the two? That is always a major factor IMO. I have the Trekker and don't have a problem.

Offline walleyedmike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:55 PM »
Trekker 2 is 71 pounds, the Quick Flip 2 is 87 pounds, not a huge difference. Both have 20 square feet of fishable space.
As always, I am............ walleyed

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2011, 09:03 PM »
Trekker has 2 flip up seats and the Quick Flip has a bench with a table between the two seats.

Offline jurrensb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2011, 09:19 PM »
I have the quick flip and I really like it.  Good budget sled.  Obviously it won't have the big ticket features but it has done a good job for me as a first time sled.  Only complaints are weight.  It isn't the best thing to pull by hand (which is all I do), but in my opinion any sled you pull by hand sucks.  I have not taken a close enough look at the trekker 2 lately so I can't give you a completely unbiased opinion but the QF2 has done it's job for me.

Any specific questions let me know.
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2011, 10:31 PM »
16lbs and hand pulling IMO is a hugh difference.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2011, 09:47 AM »
My older Quick Flip II is way too heavy to pull through deep snow or even 6". I made a Smitty Sled for mine and will try it out soon.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.