Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1609948 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16350 on: Jul 14, 2019, 10:03 AM »

Good looking pie WW :clap: :clap: What a :thumbsup: meal, Wow!

The stores we are going to don't open until noon so I checked the cards and down loaded a couple. It seems some of the critters are a getting a little testy, probably the heat.

Hope you enjoy the videos. have a great day!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16351 on: Jul 14, 2019, 09:46 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, It was a hot day today. My wife used my old horse clippers to trim our pup today. Now he has a shorter haircut for a long haired dachshund. My wife had a surprise for me. I’ve always wanted a digital camera. She found on her Favorite place Facebook market place a Canon XS Rebel. She thought she was getting a used camera. Turned out even though its a older camera it has never been used. The gentlemen’s supplier had given him a lot of cameras a few years ago. Got it for a good price. She raided my change jar.  She is to good to me. Still waiting to hear from disability.

Whopper Stopper, Maybe Everyone is cranky because of the heat. Thank you for sharing those videos.

WallyWorld, That pie looks delicious. Glad Mr WW got the truck fixed finally.

Mason Eddie, I hope you had fun at the game today.

I hope everyone had a great day and stayed cool and hydrated. Tonight been trying to figure out the new camera.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16352 on: Jul 14, 2019, 10:40 PM »
Good evening reached the low 90's today I was out around 1PM thankfully there was a breeze. We lived in the Albany area when I was a young child so some of what I know about the Empire plaza comes from my parents ,did a little research on Mayor Corning knew he was in office for a long time.
Tom Turkey my condolences to your wife on passing of her Brother in Law. Good to hear you launched the pontoon  in spite of a few problems.
Eddie Hope you and your daughters had a great time at the game. Guess by getting the train in Croton on Hudson you got a direct line to the stadium and did not have to worry about changing from one train to another to reach the stadium. I've only been to Yankee stadium twice first trip I sat in same general location as you did today. Last time I was there is back in 1999 with a church group we had seats in upper deck over looking right field .
Old Goat good job with the garage sale finds. May you see some cooler or less humid weather this week.
Ice Wanderer those were the days my first trip to Yankee stadium was with friends and their Dad think our tickets were five dollars per person. Free agency was just starting and a player making a million dollars per season seemed crazy now most rookies salaries are higher. Good job getting all the wood stacked.
Hunts2long may you find some time to fish this week in between the Honey Do list projects.
Icefisher-45 your dachshund should feel a little cooler with less fur. Enjoy the camera I received a digital camera for a birthday present couple years back need to start using it and be part of current technology.
Wallyworld great looking pie hope you had a nice dinner with your brother. Good work by Mr.WW fixing the transmission leak sure there was some :%$#!: before the job was finally completed.
Whopper Stopper you should visit a local bicycle shop think it is easy to switch the bike seat to one with more cushioning and shock absorbing springs. I think the squirrel might have received a peck from a turkey once or twice so now is protective of his space when eating.

Have a good evening folks.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16353 on: Jul 15, 2019, 02:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 61* this am, high of 80 expected today.

Thank You all for the well wishes, had a really great time with my daughters yesterday....that was pretty special for sure!!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Steve...you’re exactly right about the train. My daughters thought it would be the easiest way to get a pretty direct ride to the stadium with the least amount of stops as well....it worked out perfectly!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...you’ve got a very good wife, enjoy that camera....will be looking forward to your pictures!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...showed those videos and one of Arrow to my daughters last evening on the train ride back to the station, great stuff!   :clap:  Hope the bicycle rash is at ease this am...  ;D
  Tom...thoughts and prayers sent to the family on your loss, don’t know how I forgot to mention that yesterday, my apologies Sir.   
  Wally...that repair job on the truck must have been driving Mr.WW crazy! Glad he got it done. The pie looks scrumptious!!   :clap:   :thumbsup:
  H2...we were about 20’ from the right field foul pole, Judge is a huge guy!! He threw a warm up ball out to the fans every inning....they love him...so do my daughters, lol.    :thumbsup:
  Jeff...sure wish those prices were the same now as back in the your youthful days....I don’t want to tell you what I paid for 3 beers when we walked in.... :woot:
  OG...you sure come across some awesome deals, way to go!

Running behind this morning, but will fill you in on our trip this afternoon....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16354 on: Jul 15, 2019, 05:04 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                            It's 59* with fluffy clouds floating around. ::)
                            Eddie........I'm glad you had a good time at the game. :thumbsup: I can just imagine how much a beer cost, the probably jack the price
                    so people won't drink too much and get rowdy. :woot:
                            Steve........Of course the days I went was to see Mickey Mantle and Yogi all the greats played back then. :bow:
                            Marv.........With the hot sticky weather rashes are a curse, hope you are able to get rid of it over night. :%$#!:
                            Wally.........Mr. WW must be a very patient man doing the repairs, it would have drove me nuts fixing one thing then finding another leak.
                    And a hole in a new hose unacceptable. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                            OG............Good score. :thumbsup:
                            I have 2 appointments today, a dentist appointment at 9 am then I have my pre op physical at 1:30.
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16355 on: Jul 15, 2019, 05:24 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Its 72 heading to 92 today with dew points at or near 74. The heat index will be over 100 by the afternoon. The entire week will be high humidity with temps in the 90’s, welcome to summer on our part of the map. Last night a storm went through around midnight. I will have to look around when it gets light, it sounded rather violent out there.

45 Congratulations on the new camera, your wife sounds like a dandy, can’t beat that :thumbsup:

Mr.clean  I am on my third seat ??? They tell me to just keep at it, you will toughen up. I was looking at one that had excellent reviews, it was narrower and harder than the one I have now, it was over $100. Worst comes to worst I will increase the walking.

Eddie glad you had an excellent time at the game :thumbsup: I know beers here are over $8 for about a Dixie cup full ;D. Hope you and the crew have an excellent week Sir!

IW good luck with your appointments :thumbsup: In our area you can feed the birds, squirrels, turkeys. Sept 1 feeding turns to baiting and you have to stop.

WW hope the pie was a hit :clap: :clap:

I am off for my walk and eventually plan on finishing up my tree job, not looking forward to that. I wanted to get a jump on it this morning but the guy said to wait until after 8am ???

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup:  Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16356 on: Jul 15, 2019, 05:35 AM »
Morning all,

WS......hope there wasn't any damage from the storm  :-\   go easy on the work today and don't forget....hydrate, hydrate, hydrate  ;D

TT.....the pie was EXCELLENT  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  thank MrsTT for me again please  :bow:

IF45.....enjoy the new camera  ;)

IW......hope both your appointments go well today  :)

MrC......there was quite a bit of  :%$#!: :%$#!:  going on in the garage for a couple days  :roflmao:

Eddie.....sounds like a great time was had by all  :clap:  some great memories for sure  ;)2

Dinner was good last night, MrsTT's pie recipe turned out excellent  :thumbsup:  Dropping my car off for inspection today, might do a little truck shopping later  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16357 on: Jul 15, 2019, 05:59 AM »
55* and sunny. Heavy mist coming off the lake, I am sure there is almost a 25 degree dif in water and air temp.
Ice-45 hope you are feeling better. You will love the new camera. Take lots of pictures, you won't be wasting film on bad shots.
WW, the pie looked great, I am sure it is gone..
Mr. Clean, the honey-do list is complete, but I am sure there is another one planned.
IW, good luck with the Dr. appts. I think the last time I went to a Yankee game, beer was around 10 bucks. It was hot and I drank $5 water.
Eddie, glad you had a great time a the ball park. Yes, he is a "big" young man. How would you like to have a couple like that on your crew?

Wife's sister and neice are coming up some time this week and it just might be too hot for me to fish.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16358 on: Jul 15, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Another hot stretch. No sign of LES in the near future.

Eddie Come on fess up on what those three beers cost you. The cost must be the reason you were able to go to work this morning.

ww The picture of the pie looked like it should. No one would guess that it is low carb. Try the bannana cream one some time as it is great. when the wife fixes eaith one  there is seldom much for left overs. :(
I walked in to a Frod dealer ship back in the early 90's to see a mechaninc friend dropping the motor out of a sedan out the bottom of the car. I told him this is the end of shade tree mechanics pulling the engine out of a car to fix it unless there is a pit under the car.

H2L I thought there was never an end to a honey do list. Not around here anyway.

I did not get much wood hauled yesterday at the other place. I had forgotten how heavy oak was to handle. I will be marking more cherry before I cut any more wood as it is light and easier to start a fire with.

I stopped at my brothers to see if his son had made it from VA. My brother was almost at his wits end as there were 8 or so great grand kids running around as there were a bunch their already from Va and W. VA for his wifes family reunion next week end.  The called his son and he was still an hour and a half away so I headed home.

I amost forgot to drop off the 5 ice cream cartons of egg shells at my Lab breeder friends. She grinds them up to give them to add calcium to their diet.  They were not home but the dogs were out in the run. What a ruckus when I drove up.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16359 on: Jul 15, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

TT take it easy with the oak, we don't need to on the injured list.

Speaking of oak, I just got back from finishing my tree job. Every time I started to saw the home owner would stop me to tell of some experience he had encountered from days gone past. I finally told him to let me finish before the heat kicked in and I would visit after. He held me to it and we spent 2 hours visiting before I got to leave. At least we went in his house with the air.

I down loaded a couple of videos when I got home. I don't know but this first one may be my new favorite ;D

Hope you all enjoy them.

WS

Looks like we may be down one poult

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16360 on: Jul 15, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Was a hot one today. Headaches aren’t any better but going for acupuncture tomorrow morning. Did take my camera out today. Usually we have a lot of birds none were around. Maybe tomorrow will be able to go to the lake tomorrow since my wife is home and take pics.

Whopper Stopper, That first Video could be my favorite too. I hope the poult shows up. Bicycle seats do not look comfortable. That was nice of you to visit with the gentleman. Unfortunately not many people would do that.

Tom Turkey, Hopefully your brothers son arrived safely at your brothers.

Hunts2long, Hopefully you get out on the water.

WallyWorld, Hopefully the inspection went well. Did you end up with a new truck?

I hope everyone had a good day and stayed cool. I hope everyone has a good night. Doing what my wife doesn’t like me doing. Watching the news.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16361 on: Jul 15, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Good Evening Everyone,
  Hope you all had a great day today!

I-45..agreed, it was a hot one today, looking like the next few days are going to be close to what Marv has been dealing with...can’t wait until Fall gets here.  ;D. Best wishes with tomorrow’s treatment, I sure hope it helps you out...good luck!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...you’ve got yourself quite a place, wow! All the videos are just awesome, hard for me to pick a favorite now, they just keep getting better! Played all 3 you shared this afternoon with my granddaughter...her reaction was, “ let’s see the little deers again PopPop!!”  We saw them about 5 more times,  :roflmao:, so it’s definitely getting some  good reviews here Sir! :bow:   :clap:
Glad your tree job went well and is a wrap. Thinking your heat wave is pushing East, heard it may hit 97 in Albany on Friday, yikes!
  Tom...hold on to your chair...I almost fell out of mine, lol....$45 for (3) 24oz. cans of BudLight from the guy yelling “Get your beeeer heeeere!! “ when we sat down in the stadium...water was like $6 bottle. Expensive yes, but hey, it was one of those special times...gotta say, it was the best darn can of BudLight we ever had together, so we celebrated that with another in the 6th inning...Doh!!  :woot: :thumbsup::roflmao:
  H2...if I had a crew of 6’7” guys like Aaron Judge, I’d sell my scaffold and get that beer money back!  ;D   Have a great time with the family members coming, early morning fishing should be cooler temps? Best of luck if you get out.    :thumbsup:
  Wally...that pie looked too good to not be excellent!  :thumbsup:  How did the new truck shopping go? 
  Jeff...hope all went well with your appointment’s today! Boy, I sure wish I could have had the chance to see the Mick and that Yankee team play at the old stadium! That had to be fantastic... :clap:

Have been watching the 3 grandkids and trying to get this post in this evening in between our arts and crafts at the table, lol, all are spending the night!
  As I mentioned, it was a great time with my daughters, everything went super. Had one real strange thing happen at the train station though. When we reached it after the 2hr. drive, I was looking for a space to park briefly to purchase our tickets and find out where the parking was located for the Yankee train. I had read there was free parking for that in a designated lot.
  I saw a parking enforcement officer driving past and asked him. He wasn’t familiar with any of that, but showed me where to park briefly so we could go inside and purchase our tickets and find out, which we did.
  When we came back out, there he was sitting right beside my truck. He rolled his window down and told me he ran my plates and that free parking wasn’t necessary in a designated lot as my parking pass was paid in full for the month already and I could park where I was. I looked at my daughters and then at him, and said excuse me? What do you mean by my parking pass is paid for the month?  So, he repeated it again, this time kind of snidely like I was messing with him or something.
  I started laughing like it was a joke or something wondering what in the heck is this guy on? So I told him up until about 10 minutes ago, I had never in my life even seen this place...let alone purchase a parking pass! Then he starts eyeballing me like I’m like I’m lying to him.
  So I walked over to his car, pulled out my drivers license, and asked him if this is the same guy he has on his computer.....which it wasn’t. Well, he didn’t know what to say....so I explained it to him again....I have never been to or seen this place in my life. He said it must be some type of computer error....rolled his window up and drove off. Strange...still scratching my head over that one.   :cookoo:   
  Bought a parking pass for the day, $5, and not a sign of the Parking Officer waiting for us on our return! So much for all the sophisticated computer equipment... ;D
  Have a good night everyone, will catch up to you tomorrow!   :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16362 on: Jul 16, 2019, 03:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 61* and dark here on my hill. Temps will be climbing today. ::)
                          Eddie........That is a strange story with the parking officer. modern technology gotta love it. :blink: $45 for three beers WOW.  :cookoo:
                          I-45..........Enjoy the new camera. :thumbsup:
                          Marv.........Yes the first video has my vote for the best, love watching the little ones run. :bow:
                          H2L..........I hope you get out on the lake and get into some Eyes.  :thumbsup:
                          Wally........That pie looked delicious and I'm sure it's gone by now. :bow:
                          Tom.........Green oak is heavy, good choice on switching to cherry. :flex:
                          My appointments went well yesterday now waiting for a surgery date.
                          Today is grand kid day, now that I have the small pool set up they can entertain themselves.
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing, no matter what you're doing stay hydrated.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16363 on: Jul 16, 2019, 04:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Can’t wait for fall to come. Never really liked the heat. Acupuncture this morning. Hoping this works.

Mason Eddie, I don’t know how people can afford to go to baseball games. Everything is expensive. In Boston Parking is between 50 to 100 dollars by Fenway. When I was working on the ambulance we would see the signs out.

Ice Wanderer, The grandkids will enjoy the pool today. Hope you get a surgery date soon.

Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Remember to stay hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16364 on: Jul 16, 2019, 05:04 AM »
Motning all,

IF45.....good luck with today's treatment  :)

IW......enjoy the grandkids  :thumbsup:

WS.....love the fawns  :clap:

Eddie....don't forget the gaterade  ;)2

H2L.....enjoy your compnay  :)

TT.....seems every year a block of wood gets heavier no matter the type  :-\

Truck shopping will put a person in a state of shock pretty quickly  :o  first sticker I looked at was just shy of $70,000  :o  Did manage to find my way to the "affordable" aisle eventually, still a LOT of $$$  :pinch:   :blink:   no decisions made yet, have to let all the info settle in first  ;D

Heading to MA this morning for a couple days, going to catch the grandson's baseball games today and tomorrow  :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16365 on: Jul 16, 2019, 05:53 AM »
56* this morning.
Eddie, glad you had a great time. Parking issue sounds like a scam, "it's OK to park here". You go to the game, his brother "tows" it. Makes the $15 beers look cheap.

Ice-45 hope the Dr. visit helps today. Stay cool.

WS, I also give you an A+ on the fawns. I still can't get over "lone arrow".

WW, at $70k maybe you could each get one. They are so over priced these days. Last week when we came out of the hospital there was a Bentley convertiable park in the valet area. I fell in love with it, Lindsay looked it up on line, $218,000. Now she wants one also. Have a good trip and be safe. You taking the NEW truck...lol

Going to hit the lake this morning, going to be too hot the rest of the week.

Have a good day...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16366 on: Jul 16, 2019, 07:25 AM »
Not much cool down over night. Still 72* We are needing rain. I see some of the corn is starting to curl. The heat has made it grow finally.

I found my nephews cell phone number so I could set up an appointment to see him on Wednesday. He was putting up some decorative fence for his mother, in this heat. He pretty much shuts down his construction business in VA in July because of the heat. I will have to make sure I have clean socks on when we go over their as you can not wear shoes in her house.

The oak was cut, stacked and covered before the sap came up back in the spring of 2018. It is not going to get any lighter. I need to mark some cherry that I can get to this summer so I can cut it next spring if I am going to need some more firewood. I have burnt the cherry that was easy to get to already

ww I have only bought two new vehicles in my life. A 66 Mercery that cost me $2,100. The other was a 75 Ford van at $4,000.  The next year it would have cost me $6,000 for the same van. I drove that for 10 years. There is to much crap on new vehicles that is going to fail in a few years. there has been quite a few guys that have brought a new 4wd pickup with less than 5,000 miles on it to the sand dunes for the first time that they have rolled over destroying it. So far no one has been killed up there this year but they have untill November 1 till the dunes close for the winter.

Eddie We paid over a buck for a 10 cent 61/2 oz bottle of Coke back in 1959 at the NHRA Nationals Drags in Detroit. There was free water out of a fountain but it smelled like sulfer so I paid for a coke to drink. I have two rolls of 8mm film that I need to get to put on a disk so I can view them as I am afraid to to run them on my projector as they as so old.

Marv It looks like all but one of the feathers are gone off of the arrow. Maybe the arrow will work its way through when the last one is gone. That is a long step from the up stairs slider to the ground.
I wanted to have my nephew over to fish while he is here but it is just to hot. I saw quite a few dead fawns on my trip over the the propoerty Sunday. You can keep deer that you hit with your car except spotted fawns. At least the road commission in my home county picks them up and buries the deer hit and left so you do not get the smell of those left on the side of the road to rot. So many are left as most people do not know how to take care of them. My youngest son has picked up a few road kills.

IF-45 Hopfully the acupuncture gets you relief. I thing you have put in for diaability SS. Call them once a week to see what is going on.

H2l Hope full there is no big delay getting the needed surgery

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16367 on: Jul 16, 2019, 09:58 AM »
Good morning I have not checked the weather forecast but feels like it will be another hot humid day here in New Windsor. A little excitement here at the condo complex this Sunday no hot water in a neighboring building.
Eddie happy to read your daughters and you had a great time at the ball game. I figured they were charging $10 or higher for a beer at least it was a 24oz. can guessing they want over $5 for a hot dog. The parking officer may have put in a wrong number when checking your vehicle information on his computer .
Ice Wanderer it was the Thurman Munson, Jim "Catfish" Hunter, Reggie Jackson era when I first saw the Yankees play. Good to hear all went well with yesterday's appointments. Your pool will be a busy place with the grandchildren today.
Whopper Stopper good of you to spend some time with the home owner once he finally let you finish the job. I've also noticed from the game camera photos that your home at one time had a deck/porch on the second floor. Glad the doe and her fawns came back to your yard.
Wallyworld assume your car passed state inspection. Best with the truck shopping even a low mileage vehicle in good condition is expensive these days.Nice to read you had a good dinner with your brother and the pie was a hit.
Hunts2long good job on the Honey-Do list sure your wife will find new tasks for you in coming days. Have a good visit with your wife's sister and daughter. Best to you with this week's fishing.
Tom Turkey have a good visit with your nephew . Pace your self or get your son to help with the firewood.
Icefisher-45 may today's acupuncture do something for the headaches. Have fun learning the new camera.  it has become a special event/treat to attend a top level professional sporting contest with all the costs today.

Try and stay cool today folks. Best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16368 on: Jul 16, 2019, 12:29 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Another tough day weather wise, working in it is  :cookoo:

My neighbor had a good sized cherry tree that cracked off and landed on his garage. We worked on it most of the morning but all is well now and unbelievably no shingles or roof boards got broken. He said when it hit the house shook and he thought for sure one of his big oaks came through the roof. I have one more job tomorrow morning with storm work and then I am almost caught up again.

About 3 years ago I did a lot of work for a guy that drank like a fish, He and the "Drinking Lady" would have made a heck of a pair. I am sure mr.clean remembers me talking about him. Anyway he called yesterday and has a tree to do. It seems he had a heck of a time with cancer and after two years he is finally ahead of it. I asked him if he had given up drinking to which he said "Oh Hell No". He said he always starts his day at 5am with a cold one and goes from there. I can hardly wait to do the job :roflmao:

Pretty quiet around the cameras, I picked out a couple to share. I think the turkeys are getting a little delirious from the heat, they are all running around looking for a girlfriend ???

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

&t=1s

&feature=youtu.be

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16369 on: Jul 16, 2019, 04:41 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, I hope everyone managed to stay semi cool and hydrated. I went to get acupuncture this morning. Definitely a new experience. Didn’t relieve the headache but like everything else could take a few times. Stopped by a AT&T store. My wife would like a Apple Watch. I know she deserves one so going to figure that out.

Whopper Stopper, You do keep yourself busy. That job should be a interesting one. Those videos are great thank you for sharing.

Tom Turkey, That stinks you can’t wear shoes in your nephews house. Hopefully you get to spend some time in the toon in this heat. I called social security and was told it’s still under evaluation. My wife contacted the workers comp lawyer as well today. He told us it would take as long as it would. I thought she was going to reach thru the phone.

Hunts2long, Hopefully you had a good day on the water before it became to hot.

WallyWorld, Vehicles are becoming ridiculously priced. I hope you manage to find something affordable. Going to try and to replace the truck I lost but not a new one.

I hope everyone has a great night and stays cool. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16370 on: Jul 16, 2019, 10:32 PM »
Good evening, Whopper Stopper I do remember the beer drinker have fun completing his job. Glad his cancer is in remission the beer consumption may be his downfall some day. Good job helping your neighbor  :clap: :clap: good to read no major damage to his home.
Icefisher-45 may you see some results from the acupuncture .

Have a good night everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16371 on: Jul 17, 2019, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  A sticky 73* this am, high of 81 with thunderstorms expected throughout the day.

I-45...was hoping you would feel some relief from the acupuncture treatment, shoot! Do you have another appointment scheduled? They say the squeaky wheel gets the oil...keep up with the phone calls to the lawyer and Social Security. Hope you get some good news soon.    :thumbsup:
  Marv...way to go helping out your neighbor, glad there wasn’t any roof damage! Will be looking forward to the reports on the tree job from the drinking mans house, lol. Can’t believe how many critters are hitting the feed, amazing videos.... :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Steve...I can’t make heads or tails out of what happened at the train station, other than it was pretty strange! Was informed that the Poughkeepsie station was the one that offered the free designated parking for the Yankee train when I purchased the tickets at Croton-On-Hudson.
  Tom...hope you have a great visit with your nephew today!   :thumbsup:
  H2... hope you landed on some fish yesterday!  Agree on the possibility of a scam, but he never should have mentioned the parking permit being valid, lol.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope you had safe travels to Mass, enjoy the games!! Best of luck finding the new truck.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...bet the grandkids were loving the pool yesterday, it hit 91 down at the job yesterday....we could have used a kiddy pool ourselves, lol.   :thumbsup:

Not certain what we’re going to be doing today, rain is supposed to start when we do this morning. Less than 200 pieces of marble left now.....seeing the finish line!   ;D
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16372 on: Jul 17, 2019, 05:40 AM »
Morning all,

The drive was horrible yesterday.....traffic was more like a Friday afternoon at the start of a holiday weekend than a Tuesday morning  ::)  but we made it through!!! My grandson ‘s team did a great job on their ball game, winning 4-2  :). He was catching for the first 3 innings. Hopefully tonight’s game doesn’t get rained out. He’s supposed to be pitching some tonight!!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16373 on: Jul 17, 2019, 06:18 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WW, ER's,
                             It's 68* and very humid of course it's raining lightly. ::)
                             Eddie........The kids really enjoyed the pool yesterday, They got in it as soon as they got here and didn't get out till
                   dinner time. :woot:
                             Wally....... Congrats to your grandson and his team. :clap:
                             Steve........A neighbor and his family and my wife went to a game back when Thurman Munson played, they brought a banner which they held
                   up when Munson got to bat that said: Thurman NY loves Thurman Munson. :woot:
                             Marv.........Good job helping the beer drinker. He reminds me of my ex father in law, He would get up Saturday mornings and pour a glass of red
                    wine, a glass of Vodka and crack a beer. He would drink beer after beer and tip the glass of wine and then drink some vodka all day long. He repeated
                    it again on Sundays. :whistle: No one could figure how he could do it without getting totally smashed, one reason they found out after he passed away,
                    He had three kidneys. ???
                             I-45..........I hope the acupuncture works out.  :thumbsup: I think it will be a nice surprise for your wife to get her a smart watch, you'll figure it
                    out how to get it. :flex:
                             A quiet day for us here on my hill with the rain.
                             I hope everyone has a godd Wednesday either at work or out. Happy Hump Day.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16374 on: Jul 17, 2019, 06:38 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Another hot scorching 90's day, with tropical dew points. I saw one turkey fly in this morning, the others walked in with their heads down, nothing likes this soup :cookoo: Tonight more rain which is setting the ground up for near 100% saturation, any wind and the trees will be tipping and falling.

WW glad to read your grandson and team scored a win :thumbsup: Best wishes on the game today!

IW hope your day went well yesterday :thumbsup:

Eddie take care working in the heat. I was reminded these last couple of days how hard it is to work with no oxygen, tough conditions.

45 your frustration level has to be running high, hang in there :thumbsup:

TT hope you have a great visit :thumbsup: Yep, we never put a deck on the house. Most evenings the mosquitoes move in, we decided long ago we were happier sitting out front.

Speaking of frustration, this morning my wife goes in for another eye pressure check. If the numbers are high she most likely will be seeing a specialist for surgery. No easy way to put it, tensions are running high.

I have to get my truck loaded up with gear, not sure what today's job will entail. I have worked for the guy for the last 22 years, I am sure on top of everything there will be a big bag of Jack Links waiting. I normally look at jobs before I do them, this was just an exception due to time.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16375 on: Jul 17, 2019, 06:58 AM »
71* with light rain.
Ice-45, agree, maybe it will take more than one session for the acupuncture to work. I am sure this weather doesn't help.
WW, this time of year you never know what the traffic will be like. Glad they won the game. My dad was a catcher and so was I. I played many years, surprised my knees still work.
WS, you live in a ZOO and I mean that in a good way. I am seeing the beaver swim by almost everyday.
Well, I didn't get skunked yesterday but came close. 2 walleyes and a perch. The perch was as big as one of the walleye. Not many hits and it got very hot with no wind.
Everyone have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16376 on: Jul 17, 2019, 08:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Weather people are calling for rain this afternoon. Sun keeps going in and out. This weather is ridiculous. We knew the workers comp and social security would take awhile but it’s getting ridiculous. Almost 2 years on the workers comp on a injury that I lost 4 months of work on.

Mason Eddie, How long will it take to lay down 200 pieces of Marble? Hopefully you guys have plenty to drink.

Whopper Stopper, Prayers that your wife’s test come out good and she doesn’t need surgery. Be safe and stay hydrated on your tree job today.

WallyWorld, Congratulations on your grandsons team win. Hopefully their game doesn’t get rained out.

Hunts2long, Sounds like it was a good day even though it was hot out.

Ice Wanderer, That’s good the kids enjoyed the pool. I hope you managed to stay cool as well. Hope you get to relax today.

I hope everyone has a great day and stays cool and hydrated. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16377 on: Jul 17, 2019, 09:10 AM »
It looks like this nasty heat is not going to go away very soon. The heat index is guessed to be 100+ for a while.

We will be heading over to see the nephew after the wife gets done with water therapy. I have to stop at the online auction to pick up a couple things I bought. Luckily Fox news was in Fremont  this morning where the auction is as the Gerber's Baby Food Festival is going on. I was able to figure out ahead of time how to get around the blocked off main street.

No rain here for quite awhile. I have cactus in the front  flower garden that looked lie it was dying. I think it was actually drowning from all of the rain we had earlier. It has come back to life and had a couple of flowers since the constant rain quit. It grows wild on a property I hunt turkey on. I dug this one up and brought it home.

Marv You would have a hard time getting an occupation permit here with out a deck at that slider. All it would take to keep the skeeters at bay would be a thermocell. That way you could watch the wildlife Our deck on the back of the house get so hot that we seldom use it.

ww I miss watching my grand kids sports and band competition. You need to see if the grandson playing catcher is showing his butt crack. I wish that I had pictures of my sons  classmates butt crack while playing catcher. He ended up at west point and being a doctor. I would have had the picture printed on the butt crack t-shirt I bought him when he was going to Afghanistan to keep it covered. I probably would have got it done free as another of his classmates had a screen printing business.

I saw the reason why some houses are blurred on Google street view. You can do it your self for privacy. I am glad that the view near my son's house is not blurred as my grandson shows with his skate board.

H2L That beaver has not decided to feast on the trees in yards yet?

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16378 on: Jul 17, 2019, 09:58 AM »
WS want to trade your 90's for my 100's ?
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16379 on: Jul 17, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Good Morning again!!!

Man did I slip up......

Happy Birthday IW

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com