Author Topic: Ice in Wi  (Read 3609 times)

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
Ice in Wi
« on: Nov 09, 2003, 09:33 PM »
Got out this morning.  26 nice gills and a few crappies between two of us.  Couple of the gills were pushing 10".  Probably could have caught more, but we had to quit so we could go watch our fellow cheesehead clinch the Winston Cup championship.  Judging by the forecast, It'll be a while before we get out again.

kerosene
"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

Offline mod_auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re:Ice in Wi
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2003, 04:10 PM »
Where about were you kerosene? I'm thinking not in Dunn county.  I also skipped everything i should have been doing on sunday to watch Kenseth win the Championship.

Bring on the Ice!!
Play 'em if you wanna fillet 'em!

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2003, 05:48 PM »
Up in Oconto county.  Some of the lakes are still wide open but a few of the smaller and shallower ones are starting to freeze up.  I wouldn't even trust those anymore after today's warm weather and rain.

kerosene

"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

mngonefishing

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2003, 07:03 PM »
we had some ice in central MN, then last friday it turned black. even the smaller lakes around here are open again >:(

Offline taz54868

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2003, 07:09 PM »
some of the lakes in Barron county are iced over.  don't think very safe yet. but sure is making  me anxious. but with temps around 54  tomorrow it is stopping the anxiousness  

Offline asphalt_kid

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Live life hard........ICE FISH
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2003, 08:23 PM »
I am so jealous of you guys talking about having ice on the lakes already. Here in Indiana I was working outside today in a short sleeve shirt. Send some of that cold down my way. PPPPLLLLLLLEEEEAAAASSS EEE!!!!!!!
 :D ;D 8) :)

mngonefishing

« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2003, 09:53 PM »
asphalt_kid, what with the price wars on (airlines) you should be able to hitch a ride to canada for a fishing weekend ;D

GregSfishing

« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2003, 08:00 AM »
hey all,

i was up at my cottage this past weekend on pickeral lake in forest county and we were actually scouting for deer but i went down on the lake but i wish i would have brought my ice gear. there was a good 2.5 inches of ice out on the whole lake. I would dought its that thick now just like everyone else is saying about the warm and possible rain that were having. I am ready to go now, cuz i just recieved my vex.    greg

Offline shwung79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2003, 08:36 AM »
congrats on the vex!! :)
TEAR'N UP THAT ICE!!

iceguru

« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2003, 12:30 PM »
i cant wait for ice. i just bought a hard sided shanty. it use to be a pop up camper and the guy cut off the the sides and built up from the main part of the camper. so on each side i have 2 benches with tables that fold up or turn into beds. theres also a 3 burner stove ( i can smell the bacon already ) theres a wall heater, lights, fan, lots of storage. the best part is its still on the wheels so i can pull it anywhere. the guy used it as a tip up shanty so theres no jigging holes in the floor. i can always put them in if i want to though. this shanty will be set up on okauchee and moose lake. and i will take it to different fisheree's through out the season. well keep the postings coming for wisconsin guys. good luck this season. the ice guru.

Offline taz54868

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2003, 07:17 PM »
the ice is now pretty much gone on Rice Lake. lots of open water. the warmer weather and the wind did it in pretty good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.