Author Topic: 1/2" Hammerdrills put to the test  (Read 809 times)

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
1/2" Hammerdrills put to the test
« on: Jan 02, 2019, 09:16 AM »
This is probably the most comprehensive review and testing of drills I’ve seen.   Lots of interesting results here from most of the biggest players.   I think Milwaukee, DeWalt, Ridgid, and Makita are probably the most popular on the ice, but it looks like there could be a few more viable options here too such as Bosch and Ryobi.    Of course these results will only be good for a year or two as we all know how fast the Drill game evolves and data will become obsolete quickly.   It’s worth the watch though I think, especially if you are a numbers geek like me.     

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 1/2" Hammerdrills put to the test
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2019, 03:53 PM »
That's a very interesting comparison video, thank you. Many brands were unfamiliar to me personally. Some of the features and benefits like LED lights and hammer drill function won't really matter on a drill destined to spin an ice auger, though they may apply depending on your non- ice fishing needs. I noticed that in the pricing phase they showed the Ridgid drill at $377 for a 6Ah model though we know that the new Octane 9Ah can be had for $210 roughly. I have both the Octane and the Milwaukee Fuel and am tickled pink over the performance they each give year round.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline DANMAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 1/2" Hammerdrills put to the test
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2019, 04:13 PM »
You generally need the hammer drill to get the side handle.  plus the steel gears inside.    Hammer feature only needed with masonry
I have the 20v lithium dewalt DCD985 premium hammer drill,   I got in a combo bag with the impact drivre with 2 batts 3.0 ah and charger      in 2015

You will be able to drill 50 holes at 12" deep at least on a 3,0ah battery...  prolly more  I have never drilled more than 28 hoes in a day like butter with a 6" mora auger

Likley many in the video will perform the same...........Still might be xmas sales......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.