Author Topic: -40 and heading to lake louise....I'm nuts....  (Read 1376 times)

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
-40 and heading to lake louise....I'm nuts....
« on: Dec 30, 2008, 01:16 AM »
Well called to the lodge and they said it got down to -40 last night so called the crew and we are headed up for 5 days to do some fishin. Have 2 hard sided shacks with heat so shouldn't be to bad will get report to you all if I can move my fingers...

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
Re: -40 and heading to lake louise....I'm nuts....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2008, 01:44 AM »
dube dude

I agree..your nuts! But the bragging rights are unstoppable! Remember exposed flesh freezes quickly at these temps, so cut back on the adult beverages. Be sure to pack your arctic/survival gear and good luck!

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2008, 02:06 AM »
Don't forget to get a new license before you go out (even though at these temps. I doubt there will be very many people checking licenses).
Travis

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2008, 02:21 AM »
I wanted to go up this weekend and try for another Hog, I even took Friday off from work so I could have four days to do it. I have stood on the ice at -26, but don't want to do it again as I frost nipped the end of my nose when I pulled down my face mask to talk to a lady. I don't mind going at-18 and find it pleasant at -10. However I have my limits and I would call -40 well beyond my limits. The walls of my quick flip III look like the inside of a freezer at -20. I think the thing would to bits at -40. We are thinking of hitting Trail lake or Kenai Lake as it's a bit warmer down south.   

Offline JIGNMOF

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Gotta Love It!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2008, 06:22 PM »
I think we saw your ice shacks on the lake over this past weekend.  It got down to -35 last weekend, cold but better than sitting on the couch all weekend.  You can check out my picture on the Lake Louise fishing report post.  GOOD LUCK!!
Go Packers!

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2009, 11:22 AM »
You're not nuts Akdube, You're an Ice Fisherman!!!! The best people in the world.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.