Author Topic: Squantz Pond Ice?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline beachhouse

• IceShanty Rookie
Squantz Pond Ice?
« on: Feb 29, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Anyone have any info on Squantz Pond (ice conditions, how/what fish are biting)? I'd like to try fishing there sometime this weekend. Does the park close at sunset? I had nominal luck (only a few small perch) there when I fished it a few years ago. Thx.

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LET THERE BE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Squantz Pond Ice?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 29, 2008, 01:04 PM »
great walleye not sure about ice but wouldnt mind heading there if there was ice there is ice on some of the coves on candlewood so maybe its good looking forward to any info to

Offline beachhouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:36 PM »
Thanks ctfishermanct. Have you had much success there for walleye in the winter before? If I go this weekend, i'll post conditions.

Offline Squirt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:43 PM »
I wasjust at squantz. Checking it out there was two memebers from the site out. When i got there they said they were there for a bit and will try till dark. They didnt have anythign yet. Asked them how the ice was and they said depends on were you go. THIS IS NOT A SAFE ICE REPORT FROM ME right have the fishing pier there was 4-5 to the left a right they said they had 2-3 inches. I wanted to try it tomarrow but the only spot i would try is right out in front of the causeway and they said they didnt want to venture over near the cause way cause the ice got thiner the futher form the pier you went. There are open spot out past the back beach. Still dont know if i wanna try squantz or New Fairfield town park. What is every one else doing willing to hook up if any body wants. I bring the camera and get some footage .

LIKE I SAID UP TOP THIS IS NOT A SAFE ICE REPORT just that there is ice and and there is thin spots
 but if you go out becareful

Offline beachhouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 29, 2008, 03:59 PM »
thanks for the report squirt...you saved me a 1+ hour drive. I'll probably try another, less 'ify' lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.