Idaho > Ice Fishing Idaho

North Idaho Ice

<< < (966/966)

plfish:
Checked Chase Lake this afternoon.  Ice is just starting to pull off the shore in a few spots.  Off the end of the dock my spud punched through with 1-2 hits.  Drilled a hole and 4 1/2 inches of soft ice and several spring holes starting to show.  Chase is usually one of the better ice lakes as it’s generally a bit colder up here but it’s pretty dismal this year. 

JimBob2:
Any one been to Jewell Lk. Is there any good ice anywhere?

plfish:
Checked Blue last night and Chase this morning.  Overnight was in the upper teens and currently it’s 27.  2-4” of snow earlier this week. 

Blue….ice has started to pull away from shore at the access point. Someone had broken up the ice where it started and was very thin…1” or less.  As of last night I do not think a board would have worked to get to the thicker ice.  And I have my doubts on how safe that thicker ice really is. 

Chase….edges have refrozen since last week.  Off the dock the ice is still very soft.  4.5” last week and total this morning was 6.5”….BUT…the top 2 inches is this week’s snow that is converting to ice.  So it’s more of a slush later with a crust from last nights cooler temps.  Last week I could see several spring holes but today the snow was covering them up. Not worth going out on at all…

Davedb:

--- Quote from: Ratso-jig on Feb 16, 2024, 10:33 AM ---Ice on kelso still good fishing it right now.  Solid 4 inches plus 2 snow pack.

--- End quote ---

Nice day for fishing Ratso-jig….good luck and be safe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version