Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Eelpout

Suspended or on Bottom?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bob_D:
Looks like Jim beat me to it... ;) Thanks for coering for me. ;D How is the ice up there??...Must have 3 feet by now. ;)

Barleydog:
Bob,  Fished on three feet today ;D  and it was only -2 out!  Still sat in the shanty however.  My son an I caught up to 20 Rainbows and Char until he got fussy.  Kept enough for dinner and managed to ice one 20+" that I tossed back.  Hows life in VT?  Did you get out?  I see the weather has been less than cooperative for you all in the Northeast.  Hope it changes!  :'( :'( JIM

Bob_D:
Jim,
I got out on the 1st. We did a few fish....nothing too big...2 27" pike were the best we could manage, but for the first real trip out it was good. With all new gear it was the usual "cluster" getting things setup. There was about 1' of ice, but the water was cloudy from the rain we had. Should get better in a week or two. I tried the new auger and it KICKS BUTT! ;D ;D I've never seen anything that fast. I was cutting holes just for the fun of it.....I've never done that before.

After Monday, it's not suppose to get above 20 degrees for a couple weeks, so we should make some good ice.

Nice job on the trout.....The wife is wanting me to get a few salmon this year. I made the "mistake" of keeping one last year, so now that she has fresh salmon...it's all over. ;)

Go get um' this weekend.

Bob

TGF:
I've only caught 2 burbot suspended. 1 was in 70ft of h2o and I was fishing in 114ft. The other was caught at 8ft when I was fishing in 26ft. The majority are of course on the bottom. I couldn't resist the temptation to reel up to where I saw the fish on the flasher. One was 5lbs & the other 8lbs.

king_fish#1:
thanks terry i normally fish in no more than 15 feet of water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version