Author Topic: Omaha Area Ice Report...  (Read 2782 times)

C_TRITZ

Omaha Area Ice Report...
« on: Dec 05, 2006, 02:04 PM »
Anyone on here from, or from around Omaha?  If so have you been out to check any of the lakes yet.  I cant wait for fishable ice!  There was like 1 1/2 inches out at chalco this last weekend I just hope the warm weather this week doesnt scare it away.  Oh and hello everyone im new and if you havent guessed it im from omaha hope to see you out on the ice!

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Omaha Area Ice Report...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2006, 02:26 PM »
 Welcome to the site :roflmao: Its a reel blast here

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got any biscuits for sale in there?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2006, 03:32 PM »
I lived in Omaha a 2 years ago I always liked icefishing Walnut Creek nice gills, big bass, and good crappie but I haven't heard a report on the ice this year yet.

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2006, 03:58 PM »
I was going to check a smaller area of water tonight, but will also be going by Zorinsky which I believe is open except for maybe a few inlets.  I will report back tomorrow with what I find. 

Adam

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2006, 10:42 AM »
From Wayne, NE:

Ice is close but that is about the most unsafe kind..LOL.  Cold snap should do 1.5-2" more depending on snow cover and wind.  Probably be fishable on Sat AM but might not last the day...if the wind picks up and is sunny 47 degrees.  Uhhhhg....this is terrible having to wait.  I may get desperate and make a break for it and head north to SD but you have to go aways to find significant ice...
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline frozen1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I got a fever and the only cure is more ice fishn!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Anyone on here from, or from around Omaha?  If so have you been out to check any of the lakes yet.  I cant wait for fishable ice!  There was like 1 1/2 inches out at chalco this last weekend I just hope the warm weather this week doesnt scare it away.  Oh and hello everyone im new and if you havent guessed it im from omaha hope to see you out on the ice!

Welcome to the site!! I haven't checked the ice thickness in the area yet. With all the warm weather forecasted for the next week, it doesn't look like the ice will be safe for a while in Omaha. I was talking to Bill Ranby and he said this years winter will be very similar to last year >:( We will get brief cold fronts followed by warm air. It seems like we haven't had a good season for ice in years. We usually have to drive a little North to find some safe ice this time of year.

C_TRITZ

« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2006, 07:48 PM »
Well i got out to Standing Bear tonight...lake is still open in the middle (springs) but there is a good 4 to 4 1/2 inches in some spots caught 2 nice trout and had a bunch of bites.  Hopefully the ice doesnt change too much with tomorrows weather.  Black and silver teardrops with corn seemed to be working good. Didnt have any minnows though so that might be what they really want.  I was just happy to be out there!!!

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2006, 08:13 AM »
I was at Zorinsky Thurs night, fishable areas were 3.5 - 4.5 of ice, the main part of the lake was barely frozen though.  Were a couple guys out fishing I talked to. 

Offline Waleygator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Did the guys at Z have any luck?

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2006, 02:12 PM »
They were hitting a bunch of crappie.  No size though.  I went out Sat morning until the ice got bad, only caught a few.  Talked to a guy out there with a aqua-view, he was catching quite a few.  The bite on them was so light you almost had to see them take it on camera to know.  Alot of action on the vexilar, just couldn't get them to hit (or get a recognizable hit).  Was in a area i don't like to fish, but it was the only place with ice.  Open water about 50 yards away from us.  Still, was nice to get out. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.