Author Topic: Clam tents out of stock for the season  (Read 1791 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Clam tents out of stock for the season
« on: Sep 27, 2021, 08:01 AM »
I have a buddy that's been pretty stoked to get an X300 flip this season and Clams site is now saying they are out of stock for the 2021-2022 season. Guess the problems continue for getting things thru the ports and to the consumers. Not looking good for new gear this season, which hasn't even begun  :%$#!: :%$#!:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clam tents out of stock for the season
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2021, 08:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure that just means they haven't shipped them to retailers yet. Still a little early.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2021, 09:01 AM »
I think what that means is that the retailers have bought up all Clam's stock.  If you want the X300 you need to find one at a retailer.  They are the ones with the stock now. 

Going to be an interesting year though - if I see an item that I think I need, I'm picking it up. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2021, 09:29 AM »
I think what that means is that the retailers have bought up all Clam's stock.  If you want the X300 you need to find one at a retailer.  They are the ones with the stock now. 

Going to be an interesting year though - if I see an item that I think I need, I'm picking it up.

could you tell me what retailers you've seen that have an X300 in stock? Upnorthsports is a no go, they do not have any. We haven't been able to see one truly in stock while scouring the web. The out of stock for 2021/2022 statement just popped up on the Clam website over the weekend.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2021, 10:00 AM »
I would call Marine General or Reed's

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2021, 10:05 AM »
Appears to be just sold out from Clam. Check out retailers here in a few weeks. Scheels here in Nebraska said around mid-October to November.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2021, 10:27 AM »
Thanks guys, that is what we were seeing on the Clam site. There will be some calls to Franks, Marine general and Reeds for sure. Was hoping maybe a pro staffer for clam might have some input on this also????
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Thanks guys, that is what we were seeing on the Clam site. There will be some calls to Franks, Marine general and Reeds for sure. Was hoping maybe a pro staffer for clam might have some input on this also????

I would stop at a big name store, like Scheels, and tell them what they are looking for. Last season the Otter XT hideout was out of stock everywhere but I talked with a guy at scheels and they called around to their distributors and had one shipped to the store at no cost to me.
Da Pack!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2021, 10:39 AM »
Agreed with reaching out to Scheels... They got me an Otter lodge pro last year when no other retailers could help. Top quality customer service, the guy said their system wouldn't let him comp the freight charges to my home so he threw in a Scheels gift card for the amount of the shipping to make up for it.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2021, 10:49 AM »
Most manufacture (ie: Clam...Eskimo etc) sites are shipping out to retailers ..but s-l-o-o-o-w-l-y and also encourage you to buy from retailers . I expect shortages and limited discount/sales ..as products will probably sell out fast.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2021, 11:40 AM »
Emailed Customer Support at Clam - here is their response to the question of vendors in the Utah area who will have the x300's:

Good Morning,

Our retailers in Utah I would recommend checking with would be:

Jorgensen’s
Dicks sporting goods
Cabela’s
Smith & Edwards
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2021, 11:40 AM »
 HArdWater I was told the same about supplies from a couple reps , told me if I want something don’t wait

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Sep 27, 2021, 12:24 PM »
Thank you for all the feedback/emails guys, Scheels will be contacted as they have had great service here for us here in the past. Really surprised they didn't list them as one of the vendors on the email you sent cwavs1982.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2021, 03:03 PM »
Thank you for all the feedback/emails guys, Scheels will be contacted as they have had great service here for us here in the past. Really surprised they didn't list them as one of the vendors on the email you sent cwavs1982.

Agree with that statement - Scheel's is becoming my go to store. 

Checked the Scheels website and they are not showing the X300 on their website - but like many have mentioned, its still early on in the season, and some websites haven't been updated to the most current information.  Best bet is to call them directly and see if they will carry the unit. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Sep 27, 2021, 04:37 PM »
From Eskimo FB page

Product Availability Update:
To all of our loyal customers in the ice fishing community, we want to thank you for your continued support over the years, as well as thank you for your patience this year as we work diligently to stock our retailers with product.
As many of us know, the past 18 months have had many disruptions in supply chain, logistics and shipping. We are working around the clock to get our products back on the store shelves and online for you. We have product flowing into stores as quickly as possible, but for many products, it will be in smaller batches and later into the season than in a normal year. We are seeing improvements on the shipping and logistics side of things and are hopeful that this trend will continue as we get closer to the ice fishing season.
Our retail partners are the primary focus of our shipping efforts. Please continue to check in with your local retailers throughout the fall as products arrive.  On our website, geteskimo.com, we have added a “notify me" button for out-of-stock/not yet in stock products. This feature will allow us to send you alerts as products become available.  Sign up on our website, geteskimo.com, to receive notifications for the products that you are looking for this year and we will let you know as they arrive back in stock.
Please know that it is our primary goal to get you the products that you are looking for prior to ice season, and we are doing everything possible to do so. For a look at our new products for the 2021-22 season, please go to www.geteskimo.com/collections/new-for-2021 . We are proud to build products that you enjoy using on the ice and are appreciative to have you as part of the Eskimo Family!
Thanks again for your continued support and patience.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Sep 27, 2021, 09:11 PM »
Thanks HD, I'm guessing we'll start seeing more of that for sure. I'm liking the notify me option, hopefully other manufactures do the same.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Sep 27, 2021, 09:42 PM »
to keep this explanation simple what has happened is that all the retailers this year have bought up most of the supply of product for the year. the amount of product made each year is based on a projected sales forecast and basically Clam under forecasted what the retailers would order. ended up the retailers ordered more then what was budgeted for and produced this year so now even us pro staff members have to buy from the retailers if we want something that is out of stock at Clam. so my advice would be to shop all the major retailers and if you find what you want get it right away as it will not last and you might miss out on a chance at getting what you want. More people have gotten into ice fishing since covid hit and the supply of product just can't keep up to the current demand do to this increase.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Sep 27, 2021, 09:53 PM »
to keep this explanation simple what has happened is that all the retailers this year have bought up most of the supply of product for the year. the amount of product made each year is based on a projected sales forecast and basically Clam under forecasted what the retailers would order. ended up the retailers ordered more then what was budgeted for and produced this year so now even us pro staff members have to buy from the retailers if we want something that is out of stock at Clam. so my advice would be to shop all the major retailers and if you find what you want get it right away as it will not last and you might miss out on a chance at getting what you want. More people have gotten into ice fishing since covid hit and the supply of product just can't keep up to the current demand do to this increase.

Thanks Monticatgeek, I was hoping you might see this & comment as you've been on it over here at the shanty for Clam. I figured this was coming with the way our world has been running since covid.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Sep 27, 2021, 11:22 PM »
Upnorthsports.com has the X300. I thought the $200 shipping surcharge was a little steep until I scrolled down and saw the shack itself is almost $1,500!! Holy smokes.

They have the Eskimo 9416i I've been looking for too with free shipping, but I'm still kinda hoping I can find a used one within driving distance a little more reasonably priced.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Sep 28, 2021, 12:48 AM »
Upnorthsports.com has the X300. I thought the $200 shipping surcharge was a little steep until I scrolled down and saw the shack itself is almost $1,500!! Holy smokes.

They have the Eskimo 9416i I've been looking for too with free shipping, but I'm still kinda hoping I can find a used one within driving distance a little more reasonably priced.

yea at first the added $200.00 shipping cost is a shock but the sled on the X300 is 7 feet long and almost 4 feet wide and like 2 feet tall. the whole house weighs in at just around 200 pounds.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Sep 28, 2021, 07:43 AM »

I would avoid upnorth, they took my buddies money for tent they didn't have but claimed they did online. Then it took forever to get the money back and all they wanted to do was sell him a smaller tent

yea at first the added $200.00 shipping cost is a shock but the sled on the X300 is 7 feet long and almost 4 feet wide and like 2 feet tall. the whole house weighs in at just around 200 pounds.

Perfect sleeper deck for my buddy that's 6'5" which is why he wants it so bad, weight is not an issue as it will always be pulled by a machine. If he cant get the X300 he will be more than likely getting the Otter pro resort which has an 84in deck
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.