The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Long Lake (St Agatha) Ice Conditions  (Read 895 times)

Offline FishmanV

• IceShanty Rookie
Long Lake (St Agatha) Ice Conditions
« on: Dec 10, 2021, 09:08 AM »
Anybody know any current conditions on Long? Didn't know if anyone has hit the shorelines yet

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Long Lake (St Agatha) Ice Conditions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2021, 12:57 PM »
Cove’s been locked up for couple days now, big parts of the lake wide open. Warm spell for the next 2 days. -6 this morning still didn’t lock up. Much of the traffic on that lake is for salmon which only opens on the 1st. I’ve been hearing rumors that smelt fishing is 1st ice this year. No one has been on that thin ice yet.
It must be something in the water.

Offline FishmanV

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2021, 03:08 PM »
Thank you for the info!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2021, 06:50 PM »
Cove’s been locked up for couple days now, big parts of the lake wide open. Warm spell for the next 2 days. -6 this morning still didn’t lock up. Much of the traffic on that lake is for salmon which only opens on the 1st. I’ve been hearing rumors that smelt fishing is 1st ice this year. No one has been on that thin ice yet.
hows cyr cove? talked to a warden last week. cant keep yellow/ white perch. only smelts before jan1 because its not written in the reg. so dont throw the trash fish on the ice or they'll fine you!

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2021, 05:26 AM »
hows cyr cove? talked to a warden last week. cant keep yellow/ white perch. only smelts before jan1 because its not written in the reg. so dont throw the trash fish on the ice or they'll fine you!
I haven’t walked out on it yet, probably a solid inch though. I’ll probably check it on Thursday, that’s the first chance I have. Thanks for the heads up on the perch
It must be something in the water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.