Author Topic: NEW ICE GEAR 2021/2022  (Read 52402 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: NEW ICE GEAR 2021/2022
« Reply #60 on: Jul 21, 2021, 07:10 PM »
Some ice gear is sprinkled in from ICAST

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #61 on: Jul 22, 2021, 08:04 AM »
This may be some new apparel from Frabill Ice Hunter Series

Heavy Duty 1200D Construction | 1200D fabric with double stitching ensures years of use in harsh conditions | 3M Thinsulate lining provides superior warmth and heat retention without additional bulk improving mobility while optimizing warmth

https://www.amazon.com/Frabill-Hunter-Heavy-Insulated-Fishing/dp/B08ZYY86ML/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=ice+fishing+bibs&qid=1626957356&refinements=p_89%3AFrabill&rnid=2528832011&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-6
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #64 on: Jul 23, 2021, 08:06 AM »
2021 Jiffy Ice Drill Hand Auger..looks to have a metal/steel shaft ...with a hybrid Nero/chipper style blades ..again no center point ...may be a hard pass for many anglers .

It pretty much shows that who ever is running the jiffy company is a disconnected person that needs to be removed. Anyone who was running a company that made ice augers would have to be an absolute ignoramus for not knowing that light weight hand augers with center points have become the largest growing segment in ice augers. All jiffy needed to do was take that metal hand Áuger and put a center point on it and retail it for $75 with a drill adaptor/disk sold seperate for $25 and they would have really gained market........but they leave a center point off it which has been a known issue for people. Makes you wonder what an idiot like the Jiffy CEO gets paid.......hopefully a pink slip.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jul 25, 2021, 10:39 AM »
I saw some very thin pointed snap ring pliers for small ice tackle type rings on the icast program recap but can’t find them even on the Spro company site. ? At least they don’t look or are described the same.

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #68 on: Jul 26, 2021, 09:40 AM »
I saw some very thin pointed snap ring pliers for small ice tackle type rings on the icast program recap but can’t find them even on the Spro company site. ? At least they don’t look or are described the same.

&t=12s

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jul 26, 2021, 11:30 AM »
Thanks HD but those are what I keep finding to, the others were different. I’ll keep trying and post what I find.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #71 on: Jul 26, 2021, 11:57 AM »
Thanks HD but those are what I keep finding to, the others were different. I’ll keep trying and post what I find.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Spro_Small_Split_Ring_Pliers_5/descpage-SSSRQ.html

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jul 27, 2021, 08:52 AM »
Thanks again but not the ones I saw. I did see some on a foreign site by Spro that were closer. Now I can’t find them on the Wired2 fish email I got either. The ice rings are so small most bottom side of the plier won’t go inside the ring. I ground down a pair but still just marginally work. Gamagatsu makes a small one too.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #74 on: Jul 27, 2021, 06:48 PM »
Thanks again but not the ones I saw. I did see some on a foreign site by Spro that were closer. Now I can’t find them on the Wired2 fish email I got either. The ice rings are so small most bottom side of the plier won’t go inside the ring. I ground down a pair but still just marginally work. Gamagatsu makes a small one too.

I make a lot of my own lures from plastics, to jigs, to spraying crank bodies.

If you are looking for a split ring pliers for ice lures or jigs in general.....simply go the the jewelry making section of a store like Walmart or hobbie lobby. Most all the "lure making tools" are 1/2 to 1/4the the cost and can be bought in kits.

Snips, round nose pliers, needle nose pliers, split ring pliers, crimp pliers and small crimp sleeves. The split ring pliers works great on small split rings. However I did find a nicer heavier built small split ring pliers at fleet farm for $4 I picked up the other day.

If you want some pics I can post some.

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Aug 03, 2021, 01:07 PM »
Looks like St Croix is coming out with another line of rods called the "TUNDRA". 9 models from 26" to 36". from what i can decipher is 3 fiberglass and 6 carbon.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #76 on: Aug 03, 2021, 01:19 PM »
Looks like St Croix is coming out with another line of rods called the "TUNDRA". 9 models from 26" to 36". from what i can decipher is 3 fiberglass and 6 carbon.

https://traditionsmedia.com/st-croix-rod-new-handcrafted-tundra-series/

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #77 on: Aug 04, 2021, 12:44 PM »

...and not a single new bait casting rod version...  :'(

Still should be interesting how they will all turn out.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Aug 05, 2021, 09:29 AM »
Looks like vex is going to be giving their lithium battery blunder from last year another go..... except with a 12ah this time.

https://www.fishusa.com/Vexilar-12v-12Ah-Max-Lithium-Battery-Charger-Set

Offline ont_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Aug 05, 2021, 09:35 AM »
Looks like vex is going to be giving their lithium battery blunder from last year another go..... except with a 12ah this time.

https://www.fishusa.com/Vexilar-12v-12Ah-Max-Lithium-Battery-Charger-Set

What was the blunder from last year?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #81 on: Aug 05, 2021, 09:47 AM »

What was the blunder from last year?

not really a blunder ..except that Vexilar did not have a dedicated lithium battery charger for their lithium battery..and recommended their regular SLA charger ..which kinda went against the norms.

here is a 9 ah Vexilar option

https://store.vexilar.com/catalog/product/view/id/4415/s/vexilar-li-battery-and-charger/category/27/

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Aug 05, 2021, 10:48 AM »
not really a blunder ..except that Vexilar did not have a dedicated lithium battery charger for their lithium battery..and recommended their regular SLA charger ..which kinda went against the norms.

here is a 9 ah Vexilar option

https://store.vexilar.com/catalog/product/view/id/4415/s/vexilar-li-battery-and-charger/category/27/

My Vex lithium battery worked fine all last season, the only thing I wasn't in love with was how long it took to charge with that standard charger. I wonder if this new charger they show is quicker, or if it's the same charger with a new logo.

Offline ont_angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Aug 10, 2021, 08:45 AM »
Clam is gonna be announcing its new 21/22 line next week..
https://fb.watch/7if6-mbwU6/

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Aug 10, 2021, 06:33 PM »
woo hoo!!  new 5 gallon buckets and chinese garbage jigs, can't wait.

at least they seem to have got rid of jiggy..

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Aug 12, 2021, 08:53 PM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #87 on: Aug 13, 2021, 08:17 AM »
Interesting.  Those batteries look a lot like the Milwaukee M12 batteries.  I wonder if they would work.  I'd absolutely get one if that's the case.  I wish Milwaukee would make a knife with all the batteries that I've accumulated at this point.

I thought that also ..my best guess is that the  batteries probably  have a "tab" exclusive to the battery insert .. but saw a video on YouTube where a gut mortified a GreenWorks battery to fit a SM electric drill . it may be as simple as removing some tabs on the battery.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Aug 13, 2021, 01:02 PM »
I thought that also ..my best guess is that the  batteries probably  have a "tab" exclusive to the battery insert .. but saw a video on YouTube where a gut mortified a GreenWorks battery to fit a SM electric drill . it may be as simple as removing some tabs on the battery.

I may have to keep an eye out for a sale and see if I can make it work.  If I get one and it works, I'll make a new thread.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #89 on: Aug 13, 2021, 01:23 PM »
I may have to keep an eye out for a sale and see if I can make it work.  If I get one and it works, I'll make a new thread.

Good picture of the battery compartment...I dont have any M12 batteries

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.