Author Topic: Otter Lodge Hub leaked photo  (Read 4304 times)

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
Otter Lodge Hub leaked photo
« on: Mar 15, 2021, 09:51 AM »
Curious if anyone see it come across FB this weekend?  Sounds like it wasn't supposed to be shared, but it was, and on a couple of large Ice Fishing groups too.   
I can say this, I know what I'll be buying next year.  :)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Otter Lodge Hub leaked photo
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2021, 10:16 AM »
Yes the "new"  full side door will be nice .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2021, 10:41 AM »
WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT..PUHLEASE? been eyeballing otters since i took my eskimo out of the box and can just "tell" its not gonna be around for many years

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2021, 10:57 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2021, 11:08 AM »
I have the current resort hub.  No need to replace it. 

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2021, 11:36 AM »
That full door would be very nice, especially when loading in/packing out gear.  I've got a Resort now, but will definitely keep an eye out for a sale on one of these.  The Resort can be a little overkill when going solo.

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2021, 01:08 PM »
I have the current resort hub.  No need to replace it.
Your resort is part of why i want to look at otter next..i would be into cabelas if their windows came out with velcro, as i like the veiw out of pats shanty with the 360 windows

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2021, 06:37 AM »
gave that site up. way too censored and a threat to our country. imo
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2021, 07:38 AM »
Very similar to Cabelas hub

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/129451/cabelas-thermal-wide-door-hub-ice-shelter

Did you actually see the leaked photo or are you assuming it is a similar style to the cabela's shack?
Da Pack!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2021, 08:43 AM »
Did you actually see the leaked photo or are you assuming it is a similar style to the cabela's shack?

Saw it on FB ..it looks very similar ..except it looks like the the door is configured/placement different.between the two. also it configuration is different the Eskimos design . Otter looks to be a 4 sided hub ..where Eskimo seem to be a 4 sided hub but with a "extra" hub for the door 

Otter

Cabelas

Eskimo 250XD

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2021, 11:53 AM »
Saw it on FB ..it looks very similar ..except it looks like the the door is configured/placement different.between the two. also it configuration is different the Eskimos design . Otter looks to be a 4 sided hub ..where Eskimo seem to be a 4 sided hub but with a "extra" hub for the door 

Otter

Cabelas

Eskimo 250XD

Very nice, thanks for sharing those photos!
Da Pack!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2021, 11:57 AM »
Very nice, thanks for sharing those photos!

Just got to compare the size of each hub ..sure to be a difference .

Offline TKfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2021, 12:57 PM »
"imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"... seems like Eskimo has a few admirers

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2021, 01:03 PM »
"imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"... seems like Eskimo has a few admirers

Love the design of the corner cinch straps on the Otter hub ..yet no flattery from other manufacturers .

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2021, 02:03 PM »
Love the design of the corner cinch straps on the Otter hub ..yet no flattery from other manufacturers .

x2 those corner straps are awesome.

I was going to buy a hub next year and this pretty much made up my mind unless Eskimo adds some accessories to their hub.  I wanted the eskimo full door but really liked the features on the otter hubs- tie downs, propane hose port, rod holders, mesh ceiling storage etc.   Wonder what it will cost   :unsure:

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 17, 2021, 07:51 AM »
This is like a leaked sex tape love it

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 17, 2021, 09:35 AM »

Besides their extensive pro-staff army, who are you referring to?
Da Pack!

Offline TKfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 17, 2021, 10:55 AM »
was just pointing out that this is an exact copy of the Eskimo design, which is what the Otter guys wanted...

If someone's loyal to a brand that's each persons choice, just is funny when people google over something that's been on the market for a couple years already...

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 17, 2021, 11:11 AM »
was just pointing out that this is an exact copy of the Eskimo design, which is what the Otter guys wanted...

If someone's loyal to a brand that's each persons choice, just is funny when people google over something that's been on the market for a couple years already...

If anything, it looks to be more of a copy of the Cabela's shack than the Outbreak series. But yes, you're right that they are both full size doors. I'm thinking people are "googling" more over the fact that a quality ice shack company will be producing this style shack as opposed to a company pushing out average products in as many categories of ice fishing as they can. I still don't see the point of the full size door outside of small children, a physical ailment, or the elderly.
Da Pack!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2021, 11:49 AM »

Yeap X 2  ;)
For more information read my MN nice journal

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Mar 17, 2021, 12:42 PM »
Look at the photos ..the Otter is a 4 sided hub ..the Eskimo is a 4 sided hub ..plus an "EXTRA" hub for its door .

This is the 450i ...not certain what dimensions the Otter may be

https://geteskimo.com/collections/shelters/products/outbreak-450i

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Mar 17, 2021, 10:57 PM »
Looking...the Otter picture there is 4 sided plus door just like the Eskimo Outbreak.  Only that it seems the door on the otter is right up to the seam of the roof and wall, so it's actually a bigger door than the current Eskimo design.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Mar 19, 2021, 12:43 PM »
The comment wasn't necessarily directed at me but I'm not loyal to any shelter brand, I buy products based on what meets my needs and price range. If I have a choice I may pick brand x over brand z, but if brand z is the only one with a certain product I buy it.

The plan is to buy a new hub this fall, I wanted the full door so I was going with Eskimo even though I prefer the design of the otter hubs. I fished once this winter out of a eskimo  full door and it was pretty slick, worth sacrificing a few of otter's features. Now I don't have to.. unless the price is outrageous ::)

Every company copies another at some point.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Mar 20, 2021, 10:27 AM »
What are the features you'd be sacrificing when buying an Eskimo instead of an Otter?

Rod storage on the interior Hub when set up..LP port  ..plus the extra cinch strap mechanism on the outer corners of the hub .

4:00 mark

00:50 mark....00:53 mark  and 2:50 mark...

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #24 on: Mar 20, 2021, 01:53 PM »
Hmmm i might be out of my league or totally out of icefishing mode but i dont see anything ground breaking on those hubs.i dont have problems in any of my hubs with the current door setups.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 23, 2021, 12:40 PM »
I used to think highly of the Otter hubs, except this year I saw many posts locally up here in Canada regarding broken zippers and other small quality control warranty issues with new Otter shacks. They also come with some of the worst ice anchors on the market.

The otter ice anchors are identical to Eskimos, and look to be the same as Clams as well. What's wrong with them?
Da Pack!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Mar 23, 2021, 04:18 PM »
shhh....but they all copied Eastman's ice anchors.  ;) to a point.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.