The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: 1 flag 1 Larry  (Read 2019 times)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
1 flag 1 Larry
« on: Mar 13, 2021, 09:21 PM »
Painfully slow today on Cheshire pond 1 . One flag one 5 pounder . I was running all big goldies for bait. 
Fairly nice day with the wind. Sun was nice though! 
We had one super gust of wind that sent my buddies shanty for a flight 🤣. Cool sun dog photo too ! Barbecue chicken and Sea Bass on the grill for lunch 👍. Much less ice than I assumed there would be. 2½"-3" clear ice with 4"-5" white junk ice.  Shore holding ok at the ramp area for now. 

Offline tomb raider

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 1 flag 1 Larry
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2021, 09:34 PM »
It was very slow. 1 pickerel on tilt and some pumpkinseeds jigging. Was set up on the opposite side of you guys. We watched the shanty blow away. Nice Larry.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2021, 11:11 PM »
It was very slow. 1 pickerel on tilt and some pumpkinseeds jigging. Was set up on the opposite side of you guys. We watched the shanty blow away. Nice Larry.
No kidding, that's cool. We all need to get big flags with our screen names lol.  Were you closer to the river or across from there?

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2021, 06:06 AM »
Congratulations on the larry! 

If you're only going to get one flag, a 5 pound largie is a good fish to get.

Also, kudos on the meal.  It sounds delicious!

Offline tomb raider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2021, 07:36 AM »
No kidding, that's cool. We all need to get big flags with our screen names lol.  Were you closer to the river or across from there?

Next to the river,Directly across from the Bass Water Grill.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2021, 02:05 PM »
Next to the river,Directly across from the Bass Water Grill.
last time I fished that spot I got a couple small pike . 24" & 25 "

Offline tomb raider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2021, 02:54 PM »
last time I fished that spot I got a couple small pike . 24" & 25 "

I haven’t fished Cheshire since the 10th and last JPS Derby. I still talk about the derby to my kids and what the derby was all about. I was just glad a could get out

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2021, 03:10 PM »
I haven’t fished Cheshire since the 10th and last JPS Derby. I still talk about the derby to my kids and what the derby was all about. I was just glad a could get out
I was actually surprised how little ice was left there. Heading for the hills to get in the last days on the ice.

Offline tomb raider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2021, 03:26 PM »
I was actually surprised how little ice was left there. Heading for the hills to get in the last days on the ice.

Good Luck and Tight Lines.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2021, 07:15 PM »
Great looking bass. Certainly with all of these warm days and the sun getting stronger everything is getting thin and edges are tough to get on. Now it’s just looking for places to get on safely.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2021, 08:17 PM »
Great looking bass. Certainly with all of these warm days and the sun getting stronger everything is getting thin and edges are tough to get on. Now it’s just looking for places to get on safely.
Definitely time to start bringing my 8' plank. High elevation ponds are where to go now. I'll have an ice report Tuesday.

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2021, 06:51 AM »
Very slow for us on a CT River set back in VT yesterday too. 5 maybe 6 flags between 3 of us. 1 small pike iced. That was it. Winds were cranking all day with snow squalls.
Nice bass Keith. Very surprised to here that little ice left out there. We were on 15" with 4 or 5 of white ice on top of 10 nice clear ice. Might have 1 more Champlain trip in me next weekend.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2021, 01:18 PM »
Very slow for us on a CT River set back in VT yesterday too. 5 maybe 6 flags between 3 of us. 1 small pike iced. That was it. Winds were cranking all day with snow squalls.
Nice bass Keith. Very surprised to here that little ice left out there. We were on 15" with 4 or 5 of white ice on top of 10 nice clear ice. Might have 1 more Champlain trip in me next weekend.
We were certainly expecting more ice than we had! I was on 15" the day before in the hills.  I'm heading back to the hills tomorrow to use up some goldies I jigged up. I'm gonna guess it's still 15" after the last couple real cold nights. Supposed to be around 10° on arrival . March was when my pb bass was caught. Fingers crossed I can beat it. I saw that trail you went down, looked pretty slick!!!

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2021, 06:59 AM »
We were certainly expecting more ice than we had! I was on 15" the day before in the hills.  I'm heading back to the hills tomorrow to use up some goldies I jigged up. I'm gonna guess it's still 15" after the last couple real cold nights. Supposed to be around 10° on arrival . March was when my pb bass was caught. Fingers crossed I can beat it. I saw that trail you went down, looked pretty slick!!!

I saw that trail you went down, looked pretty slick!!!
The pictures I took didn't show how steep it actually is very well. Makes Heart break Hill at the Rip look like a cake walk. LOL. It's the getting back up at the end of the day that really kills you. :P
Might have one more Champlain trip left in me this weekend
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.