Author Topic: Stop!!!!  (Read 2289 times)

Offline gofishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Stop!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2021, 06:53 PM »
I got one from "Blackrapid". It's called the "TetheR Tab", it just slides in behind your phone protector or case which most people already have. I've had it for 3 years now. When not in use I just take it out and put it in my wallet so I always know where it is. Here is the site - https://www.blackrapid.com/all/phone-accessories/

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2021, 09:36 PM »
I've had this one for three years now, https://www.niteize.com/product/Hitch-Phone-Anchor-MicroLock.asp
Use it year round.  Ice fishing gets clipped to a lanyard and then into the cell phone pocket inside my bibs.

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2021, 09:46 PM »
There's more important things to do in life that be married to a celll phone. Leave it in the vehicle, or better yet at home.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2021, 10:07 PM »
There's more important things to do in life that be married to a celll phone. Leave it in the vehicle, or better yet at home.
Yes sir it stays in the vehicle and I make the call home " I am off the ice or water" when I get back. May sound selfish but "ice time is my time"
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2021, 08:52 AM »

Thats one opinion. 

Offline Flatrocker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2021, 09:05 AM »
Use mine on ice for marks I've set.  Also emergencies only.
Sound & vibrate turned off..

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2021, 09:05 AM »
Thats one opinion.
I'd like to see the cell system go down for a day or two and watch all the ones that think they're important implode.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2021, 10:35 AM »
It’s 2021, my phone goes with me. What good does it do being left in a vehicle or at home? Might as well not even own one. If incoming phone calls bother you, don’t answer the phone...

A zippered pocket works wonders for securing a cell phone.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2021, 11:32 AM »
My cell stays in an inside zippered pocket. I receive calls in my hearing aids by bluetooth.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2021, 11:46 AM »
my phone case has a small area where you can attach a split ring. I opted to use a nylon cord as it will not rust. to that, I clip on a lanyard. Never fails. everyone decides to text me while i'm fishing. Have been doing this for years

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2021, 01:23 PM »
I rarely have decent service where I’m at and it’s usually to cold to even bother with the darn thing.  Except for right now my shack is in line of site to a tower some 20 miles away so I’m talking to you guys.  Still waiting for it to warm up past -30 so I can go fart around outside. 
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2021, 03:29 PM »
My cell stays in an inside zippered pocket. I receive calls in my hearing aids by bluetooth.

Best thing about having "the aids".  Dreaded getting them a couple years back but the bluetooth thing is awesome.

Offline Stickjiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 14, 2021, 08:27 PM »
What kind of hearing aids are you 2 talking about?
I will need some soon and wondering what to get.
Sorry for the hijack.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2021, 08:49 PM »
I use this by Plantronics. Press a button on it to answer calls w/o removing phone from my pocket.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2021, 10:52 PM »
Sorry for the hijack.
I am totally deaf in one ear so one is a hearing aid and the the other is a crossover which sits over the deaf ear and transmits to the good ear. This way I can hear sounds from both sides of my head. Phone calls, you tube videos and other videos are transmitted by blue tooth to the hearing aid.The brand is Phonak.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 15, 2021, 06:13 AM »
No cell service where I usually fish but the phone does two things rather well without it. Pictures of fish before they get released and knowing the time since I have not worn a watch from the day I retired. Just 3 weeks ago I was scooping ice from the hole after drilling and the phone jumped right into the hole from my shirt pocket. Lucky for me the ladle scoop was in the hole and caught it. My buddy was amazed and said the phone looked like it was on a mission, hit the ice and was heading right for the hole and down. I actually hate the damn thing but at over $700 I sure am glad I saved it and the case kept it dry.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2021, 10:19 AM »
For me a cell phone on the ice is for emergency's only.

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2021, 10:50 AM »
my phone is my gps, my navionics, my music, my camera, and somtimes my light...not leaving it at home with that many useful roles, ill jsut try and get my money worth before i send it down the drink  ;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2021, 10:58 AM »
There's more important things to do in life that be married to a cell phone. Leave it in the vehicle, or better yet at home.

Mine stays zipped up in an inside pocket.
Gotta have a way to call for help if my sled breaks down.
Doesn't help when I'm out of cell range though. ;)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2021, 11:08 AM »
I'd like to see the cell system go down for a day or two and watch all the ones that think they're important implode.

What a weird thing to say!  I know a lot of people who are on call for various relatively important jobs...like er doctors.  I can't say I agree with you at all...but am interested in learning where that comment comes from.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 15, 2021, 11:16 AM »
I always take my phone with me. I pay for, I'll keep it on me if I want.

That's a nice gadget, I didn't even know they made one but now that I do, it's on the list. Nice, I won't have to worry when I take the phone out to snap a pic or something when I'm on the ice or in my kayak. Won't help much if I go and turtle the yak again but hey, I got plenty of rice, LOL! Thanks for the tip.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Mar 15, 2021, 05:09 PM »
I always take my phone with me. I pay for, I'll keep it on me if I want.

That's a nice gadget, I didn't even know they made one but now that I do, it's on the list. Nice, I won't have to worry when I take the phone out to snap a pic or something when I'm on the ice or in my kayak. Won't help much if I go and turtle the yak again but hey, I got plenty of rice, LOL! Thanks for the tip.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 15, 2021, 06:20 PM »
Sorry for the hijack.
Costco has multiple brands and by far (miles) the best prices.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.