The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pecks???  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Pecks???
« on: Mar 02, 2021, 08:58 AM »
I was just wondering, anybody stop by Pecks lately. Are they allowing catch and release fishing or is it closed to fishing at this time?

Offline Arkansaspete2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pecks???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2021, 09:56 AM »
I think it’s C/R only but from what I saw when I checked it you might want to bring a weed whacker with you.lol.A/P  :tipup:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Icehound would probably know..................
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2021, 12:40 PM »
I think it’s C/R only but from what I saw when I checked it you might want to bring a weed whacker with you.lol.A/P  :tipup:

How long ago did you check it?

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2021, 12:59 PM »
I believe it is catch and release, not sure anything in there is legal to keep?

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2021, 08:19 AM »
Yep, catch and release for 5 years. They are stocking with bass, perch, crappie, gills, 'seeds and baitfish. I wonder if they will stock pickerel also?

http://paenvironmentdaily.blogspot.com/2020/07/dcnr-announces-completion-of-pecks-pond.html

Offline Fishingjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2021, 07:40 PM »
I haven't fished Pecks in years, hopefully it comes back to a nice fishery.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2021, 05:30 AM »
I wonder if there were any deep pools that might have held mature fish. I heard there wasn't but I didn't have the heart to go look for myself. I don't know if the state stocks only fingerlings or if they stock some larger fish as well. The gills will grow fast, the perch and bass will take a few years. The crappie will take a lot longer.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2021, 06:53 AM »
I never fished Pecks, but from what I am told it is very shallow- think the deepest spot is like 5'?
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2021, 07:12 AM »
I fished it a couple times from shore and once in the kayak. Couldn't tell the depth cuz of the weeds. From what I understand it was a few feet deeper way back when but silt and vegetation made it more shallow. They were supposed to dredge it but couldn't get the equipment in so gave up the idea and figured it being drained for so long would kill off the vegetation. Personally I think they were full of beans and never wanted to spend that kind of money on a recreational lake.

Offline Jonebo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2021, 08:11 AM »
I was wondering what was going on with Pecks. When I started ice fishing, maybe 40yrs. ago or so, we would take a few trips a year up there. I remember it being real shallow and weedy but if you could find the channel, we caught some nice size pan fish. Not many, but nice size. Lost a lot of lures from the pickerel coming along and grabbing them. It was nice coming off the ice in the dark seeing the ice skaters skating with the lights they had strung up near the old store. Good memories.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.