The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: I am going to be rich!!!  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
I am going to be rich!!!
« on: Feb 25, 2021, 11:46 AM »

Why mess around with cheap Ol scallops for $12-14 lb when I can do much better looking down a ice hole?
______________________ ___

Its a lazy man that cant find his wife a second job

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I am going to be rich!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2021, 01:16 PM »
Ill have to agree with you. My fridge and freezer are well stocked with fish from friends who fished Sebago derby, (Smart food)

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2021, 02:11 PM »

Why mess around with cheap Ol scallops for $12-14 lb when I can do much better looking down a ice hole?
Guys in NY on Ontario bays are getting $2/# and catching upwards of 100 - 200# per day. I think you’ll still do better on the scallops, but it might be fun to give it a try for us poor clam diggers!  :thumbsup: :icefish:
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2021, 04:05 PM »

find out where they go for this price and ill come down for a few weeks to fill the orders to bring there! damn! we'll hire Annie to fillet them. ;)

Offline StolenB8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2021, 09:07 PM »
Finally! Looks like I can afford yellowfin!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline TOEGN8R

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2021, 06:45 AM »
Perch fishing on lake Erie is big business, you should see what a perch dinner cost in a restaurant!!

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2021, 06:58 AM »
Perch fishing on lake Erie is big business, you should see what a perch dinner cost in a restaurant!!
Watching the weather next winter. May put this guy on Ontario bays piling them up! I have relatives nearby those spots! Cheap accommodations!
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2021, 07:07 AM »
I know clamfarmer grew up near Oneida Lake so he can probably shed more light on this subject than I. I try to make a trip or two there each year to jig for walleyes, from my perspective YP are bycatch but I've paid for my hotel several times selling them at the launch. For you Mainer entrepreneurs, Oneida is a double bonus....catch and sell the yellows, and it is filthy with white perch. BIG white perch, and the locals feed them to the seagulls the way many in ME do the yellows. I have no idea why people living only a few hundred miles apart are diametrically opposed in their preference for fish but you will be welcome to fill your truck with WP and sell the YP.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2021, 05:36 PM »
i think its because some yellows have grubs and the whites dont at least in Maine. i like all pan fish. ate some big bluegills in CT about 20 yrs ago. they were tasty! smallies cook up good also.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2021, 05:58 PM »
You’ve got a Woman that can cuT fish and let you hang with a buddy. She cooks! She is your buddy! HOW RICH DO YOU WANNA BE!  ;D :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2021, 05:45 AM »
i think its because some yellows have grubs and the whites dont at least in Maine. i like all pan fish. ate some big bluegills in CT about 20 yrs ago. they were tasty! smallies cook up good also.

Yup, no doubt the grubs are a factor. I won't eat freshwater fish with any parasite visible in the meat. Still haven't checked for grubs in the YP in Moosehead, maybe next week. I've been tossing them back. I've never eaten any of the sunfish species, everyone agrees they're good.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2021, 08:13 AM »
from my experience, if there isnt any cysts visible under the lower jaw, they are usually clean. also seems to be more of a problem in shallow weedy lakes but not always.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2021, 10:01 AM »
from my experience, if there isnt any cysts visible under the lower jaw, they are usually clean. also seems to be more of a problem in shallow weedy lakes but not always.

Didn't know that about the cysts, I'll have to check it out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.