Author Topic: Lake Bruce  (Read 908 times)

Offline keldr

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Bruce
« on: Feb 21, 2021, 10:52 AM »
Anyone do any good there? I was told they dredged the channel at boat ramp.?

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake Bruce
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2021, 11:16 AM »
They needed to do that. I have always done quite well there in early spring for crappie. Never did much there ice fishing. Plenty of crappie to keep the kids interested. The size has dropped due to over-harvest I think. Just my 2 cents.

Offline keldr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2021, 11:31 AM »
I too fished it in spring early summer and done well with bluegill and some decent crappie.Was curious about it during winter.

Offline Motley14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2021, 07:45 PM »
I just fished it this fall and if the channel is dredged...they did a crapty job!  Lol.  Maybe water was just low or something. Good musky fishing though. Surprised the state doesn’t do a little more with the ramp you can barely launch a boat of any size from it. Anyone know of another launch there?

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2021, 11:46 AM »
There is a launch at the other end of the lake BUT you have to pay a couple bucks and parking is limited . Before I gave up on the lake I always used that one to park for ice fishing and to launch. I have a 20 footer and it takes the perfect set up to get my bout out at the public launch. That lake has gone to hell if you ask me. Crappie size had gone way down and so have the numbers ! Don't get me wrong there Is some good ones to be had but they are few and far between. The last 3 years have been the worst ice season out there numerous days of 30 plus wholes drilled and 4 guys punding it hard for 12 plus hours with nothing to show for it. A buddy went out there two weeks ago and same out come in the general area that has always been good to us year after year . Who knows some blame it on the muskie that's about all that lake is worth anymore wish DNR would out some attention to it

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2021, 12:41 PM »
If I'm not musky fishing there is no reason to go to that lake.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline BandSearcher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2021, 02:38 PM »
I saw an article about a guy who supposedly catches huge bass there, but he fishes big lures right in all the reeds and slop. Can anyone vouch for this?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.