Author Topic: We tried a new lake...  (Read 1238 times)

Offline krh76

• IceShanty Rookie
We tried a new lake...
« on: Feb 21, 2021, 06:59 AM »
My wife and I were talking about weekend plans over breakfast yesterday. We decided we really didn’t have any and we’re contemplating different ideas. Suddenly she said let’s go north and fish! I was all for it and the sun on the shanty would keep her warm. So we drove about an hour north and landed on Kuhn lake. They weren’t fast or big but we had a great time and both caught fishe we hadn’t caught before. Great day!!

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: We tried a new lake...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2021, 07:01 AM »
That's what it's all about!
Good job!

Offline Lee1977

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2021, 07:14 AM »
That’s something I don’t think I have to worry about, the wife going! She doesn’t like the cold. That’s great you went to a new lake and caught fish. Good job!

Offline gaw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION TODAY
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2021, 07:25 AM »
Way to go! How is the ice holding up?

Offline Lee1977

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2021, 07:33 AM »

The ice I was on was in good shape. Had some slush spots but a good base underneath. I think the bigger bodies of water will be better off than these small farm ponds.

Offline krh76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2021, 07:44 AM »

Overall it looked pretty good. There was some slush under the snow crust but about 8-10 of good stuff. There were snowmobiles and 4 wheelers on it

Offline krh76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2021, 07:54 AM »
That’s something I don’t think I have to worry about, the wife going! She doesn’t like the cold. That’s great you went to a new lake and caught fish. Good job!
She loves to fish but had never ice fished when we met. If I can keep her warm and the ice is good she’s all for it lol.

Offline Lee1977

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2021, 08:09 AM »
That’s probably what I need to invest in is a bigger pop-up shanty. I use a single man pull over because I move around so much. With grandkids wanting to go it would be a wise investment. I think as soon as this COVID thing gets under control you’ll see them for sale. In Michigan all the bars have them set up outside so they could stay open. We’ll see what happens.

Offline krh76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2021, 08:57 AM »
That’s probably what I need to invest in is a bigger pop-up shanty. I use a single man pull over because I move around so much. With grandkids wanting to go it would be a wise investment. I think as soon as this COVID thing gets under control you’ll see them for sale. In Michigan all the bars have them set up outside so they could stay open. We’ll see what happens.
Yeah I love the shanty on a windy day. With the sun shining we didn’t need a lantern for heat. I’m the third owner on this one and you can see it’s been well used lol!  Hoping to upgrade some day but it’ll do for now. And yes with grand kids it would be great!

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2021, 03:09 PM »
Congrats on a good fishing successful fishing trip.  I always enjoy getting out and fishing new waters, especially right now that we have decent ice.  Really can explore the lakes and get out of the community holes. 

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2021, 08:48 PM »
Glad you caught a few.  Been wondering how the ice is up north.. I've been hearing different reports on snow and slush conditions compared to what we have around here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.