Author Topic: Shakamak  (Read 1268 times)

Offline olisdad

• IceShanty Rookie
Shakamak
« on: Feb 13, 2021, 03:53 PM »
Any ice reports from shakamak? Thinking of making the drive up from Louisville Monday. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
Re: Shakamak
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2021, 05:34 PM »
I talked to the gal in the office last Monday.  They thought there might be safe ice in 2-3 days if the temps got cold.  I live in the northern part of Indiana.  I can only go by what I see on the weather reports on my phone.  I saw 25 - 29 as highs.  Last Friday night there was a snowing warning for 5-7" of snow.  Another warning forecast for heavy wet snow in the area for Sunday night to Tues. am calling for 4-7".  That could amount to 9-14" of snow on 4" or less ice.  Not a good idea in my book.   I woud suggest calling the office on Monday.  She was really nice about giving me the info.  I will probably be good info as the park manager now was the asst. park manager from a few years ago and he iced fished almost every evening.  Great guy.  Good luck.

Offline Slab catcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2021, 07:21 PM »
I would hold off till till later in the week to see what this storm does.

Offline bwalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2021, 09:17 PM »
For some reason. And maybe it was the last snow fall totals idk.  But brown, Monroe, Johnson ect.  Basically south central indiana has quite a bit of fishable ice while to the west like greene and clay counties by multiple reports people are struggling to find safe ice.  There have been three different people say that clay county has really sketchy ice and thats the county north of shakamak even.

Offline olisdad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2021, 04:38 AM »
Thanks for the input guys. Guess I'll drive on further north.

Offline StoneO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2021, 08:41 PM »
They are fishing it.    Spent the last few days there    Everything from open water to 4 inches

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2021, 02:42 PM »
Thanks StoneO.  BWalker we had the same ice conditions up around here also.  We had days of SW winds.  We figured that's what was causing it.  Now its days of NW wind. What a year for wind and snow.

Offline bwalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2021, 07:43 PM »
Oh I'm sure people are fishing i never doubted the diehards there's just no way I'd tell somebody from Kentucky to drive all the way up here when there's still open water even.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.