Author Topic: Silver Lake Perch Saugatuck, Michigan?  (Read 1133 times)

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Silver Lake Perch Saugatuck, Michigan?
« on: Feb 13, 2021, 08:58 AM »
Looking for info on access to Silver Lake off of Kalamazoo River at Saugatuck exit on Hwy #196 in Michigan.
Use to fish Silver Lake east of Hwy #196 which actually is a bayou on north side of the river. One can see it looking north east when on bridge heading north on #196 going over Kalamazoo River.
Back in the 70's and 80's a group of us from Hobart use to fish it for perch that would run the river out of Lake Michigan in Feb and March. Unbelievable !!!!! There  also is a tralier park on the south side of river, east of the Hwy, that had a cut in river bank and a good sized pond where we had access to as several people from Hobart had trailers there. Last time I fished it there was only one access spot to Silver Lake through the last vacant lot around the lake. Then someone bought it and there was no longer a way to access it. Guess I need to take a road trip!!!?
Perch, crappies, small rockbass, big northern and dog fish. Perch would spawn in about 4'-5' of water in Feb and March.
Any info would be appreciated!
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Silver Lake Perch Saugatuck, Michigan?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2021, 12:39 PM »
There is a Hacklander boat launch on the river south of the lake, not sure if that helps.  Only thing of access I could see from the air.

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
Re: Silver Lake Perch Saugatuck, Michigan?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2021, 01:23 PM »
Wife and I stopped and checked out a boat launch this summer in that area.  Its in a large park I think the other little town near Saugatuck is Davis.  Its near there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.