The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Battery gun  (Read 958 times)

Offline jstfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Battery gun
« on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:20 PM »
What do you guys recommend for a good all around cordless drill for an ice auger.

Offline Irving.L

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Battery gun
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2021, 03:00 PM »
I switched from my eskimo 10" auger which I believe is 76cc to a eskimo 8" pistol bit auger with my Milwaukee drill and I will never go back to gas,  total set up weighs about 10 lbs true 8" hole I can drill through a foot of ice in 12 seconds I get about 50 holes on a 8 amp hour battery, my 12 amp hour battery I stopped at 70 because I was tired of trying to kill it.  I love not having to mess with gas, the ability to plug the battery into my floodlight to light up the shanty,  or put the adapter on it to charge my cell phone, I also like not having a tool that's as big as a ice auger that's  only used for ice taking up valuable garage space and only get used a few months out of the year, my drill gets used weekly. A word of caution in my experience buying Milwaukee tools will become a addiction. It starts off with I need a new battery but it's cheaper to buy a tool and get a battery with it than just a battery,  then you will see Milwaukee's sale where if you buy a tool you will either get a free tool or battery next thing you know you are looking to see what new products they are coming out with. Milwaukee was the first to come out with the Lithium Ion battery I spent almost a months salary when their 28 volt kit came out in early 2000s and my tools still work the same battery will work in a newer tool or vice versa Milwaukee stuck with two battery platforms 12 and 18 volt which is great having everything interchangeable.  My Milwaukee has 1200lbs of torque and believe it or not it doesn't spin you around like a gas auger will if it catches

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2021, 03:26 PM »
Milwaukee M18
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2021, 03:31 PM »
Dewalt DCD991

Dewalt DCD996

Dewalt DCD997

Dewalt DCD998 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Dewalt DCD999 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Milwaukee 2804-20

Milwaukee 2803-20

Ridgid Octane  R8611506B must use 6ah or better Octane battery to avoid cut out issues

18V or Higher Brushless Drill

5 Amp Hour or Higher Battery

1/2” Chuck Type

Side Stabilizer /  Handle

Minimum Torque Rating of 84 Nm / 750 in. lbs.

No Load RPM Range of 0-550 RPM on Speed Setting 1
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.