The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NEPA Reports Wanted  (Read 8327 times)

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
NEPA Reports Wanted
« on: Jan 17, 2021, 12:19 AM »
Can I make a suggestion? If you are looking for a report for a certain lake, why don't you make the the request in the counties I have posted. It bugs me when I to go to a posting about lake conditions and find a request "for conditions on the lake". I will check "Luzerne County Reports Wanted" thread and go to that lake in a day or so and check out the conditions at the lake. You can compensate me for my gas! LOL
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Fishingjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: NEPA Reports Wanted
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2021, 10:10 AM »
Can I make a suggestion? If you are looking for a report for a certain lake, why don't you make the the request in the counties I have posted. It bugs me when I to go to a posting about lake conditions and find a request "for conditions on the lake". I will check "Luzerne County Reports Wanted" thread and go to that lake in a day or so and check out the conditions at the lake. You can compensate me for my gas! LOL

Hey Dinkmaster,

I guess I'm missing something in your post and sorry if this is a dumb question but how do I do that?

Thanks
JG

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2021, 04:16 PM »
I don’t even know why there are so many reports Or requests for reports on THIS page! Isn’t that what the REPORTS page is for?!  ;) ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2021, 09:39 PM »
I don’t even know why there are so many reports Or requests for reports on THIS page! Isn’t that what the REPORTS page is for?!  ;) ::)

I just wanted to start a county thread where people could ASK for a report for a lake in a certain county. When I see a posting for a certain lake I expect to see that there is safe ice of there is not safe ice. We all want reports for lakes so why should people even have to ask? ::)
Maybe I should have put this NEPA Reports Wanted thread on the reports page but I did't want to confuse people. If this bugs you, don't ask, thats OK.  ???
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Fishingjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2021, 10:47 PM »
Hey Dinkmaster,

I saw you other post, I get it. We normally fish Mauch Chunk in Carbon, although if we want to fish this year we may have to further North. I was thinking about Promise Land also.

Thanks
JG

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2021, 03:01 PM »
I just wanted to start a county thread where people could ASK for a report for a lake in a certain county. When I see a posting for a certain lake I expect to see that there is safe ice of there is not safe ice. We all want reports for lakes so why should people even have to ask? ::)
Maybe I should have put this NEPA Reports Wanted thread on the reports page but I did't want to confuse people. If this bugs you, don't ask, thats OK.  ???

Nah, doesn’t bother me.................jus t don’t understand it. If I wanna find out about conditions I go to the reports page and look for the lake or lakes I might fish. I always post a report when I get back from a lake.................
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2021, 03:24 AM »

All i am asking guys to post reports for the lakes they are fishing? Don't say what you are catching, so no one will slaughter your honey-hole. Look at all the reports from across the state. Please put the reports on the Reports Page.
If I had enough money for gas, I would go to these places and vacation away from my wife.  ;D
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2021, 09:40 AM »
All i am asking guys to post reports for the lakes they are fishing? Don't say what you are catching, so no one will slaughter your honey-hole. Look at all the reports from across the state. Please put the reports on the Reports Page.
If I had enough money for gas, I would go to these places and vacation away from my wife.  ;D

Agreed.  I have been doing this and it would be nice if others did as well so we all had current info to make informed decisions with our fishing time.  There are tons of opportunities for all in PA.  I was wondering if people were not posting due to mainly "white ice" from all the precipitation we had.  No idea, but I will post when I am fishing PA.  Headed to Lake George this weekend, so no posts from me.  :tipup: 

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2021, 12:14 AM »
I plan to "Fly my Ice Shanty Flag" on my ice spud for the rest of this year. I have 10 Ice Shanty sled stickers to give away if you see me out. But then you'll have to post the conditions; Get it.  ;D
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2021, 08:42 PM »
I plan to "Fly my Ice Shanty Flag" on my ice spud for the rest of this year. I have 10 Ice Shanty sled stickers to give away if you see me out. But then you'll have to post the conditions; Get it.  ;D

Well, I have 9 stickers left. I owe one to Chris who is a great guy and helps other fishermen by replying to posts.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2021, 02:28 PM »
Well, I have 9 stickers left. I owe one to Chris who is a great guy and helps other fishermen by replying to posts.

x2

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2021, 02:35 PM »
Headed to Nessmuk this weekend.  Will let you know what I find.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2021, 12:38 AM »
I've been putting names in a hat and giving out stickers to each loyal member who posts conditions. I only have four left. I guess you guys don't like stickers! ;D
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Butkus51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Wallenpaupack has guys out at Wilsonville and Mangan. Fished a pond off of 590 yesterday and it still had 8” of white and 7” of black. Fish seamed to be moving to the shallows. Caught the majority of the fish in 6’ of water off a rocky point with a weed line.

Offline Freytown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2021, 07:50 AM »
I've been putting names in a hat and giving out stickers to each loyal member who posts conditions. I only have four left. I guess you guys don't like stickers! ;D
I like stickers JMZ FT  :)

Offline Freytown

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2021, 07:58 AM »
Fished a privater lake in upper Wayne county yesterday. The perch are loaded with eggs now. Temp 15* and very windy.  FT  :tipup: ]

Offline quickco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 07, 2021, 09:07 AM »
Prompton had around 17 inches the other  day. Half white half clear. I would like to go somewhere that has less ice. Anybody?? Mangan cove maybe?

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #17 on: Mar 11, 2021, 08:20 PM »
What was the pull like? Did you get out to the cut area? The channel makes a swing from the launch side to the back side before it goes thru the cut. My son caught a tiger-musky there a few years ago.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Arkansaspete2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2021, 07:26 AM »
Anyone been out in the pocono area would like to get out 1 more time I have a long ride. Thanks A/P  :tipup:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 16, 2021, 07:49 AM »
I heard there was safe ice up in Wayne County, so we went up to Upper Woods on Saturday. Ice was good but fishing was not! 😩

A buddy went to Promised Land and reported the same.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Arkansaspete2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 16, 2021, 08:43 AM »
Thanks for the news gone to hit a private lake in Mt Pocono tomorrow it holds the ice a little later than most. A/P  :tipup:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 16, 2021, 09:09 AM »
Sounds good- good luck. Hope the fishing picks up this week. Might take Friday off and try one more day up in Wayne Co. 🤞
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Arkansaspete2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 17, 2021, 04:25 PM »
Hit a private lake in Mt Pocono today 7 till 3:30 ice was 12” in all areas I fished walked right on no issues managed some nice calicos and some gills a little water in spots on top that’s it for me this rain could put an end to this season. Till next season A/P  :tipup:

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #23 on: Mar 17, 2021, 08:59 PM »
Hit a private lake in Mt Pocono today 7 till 3:30 ice was 12” in all areas I fished walked right on no issues managed some nice calicos and some gills a little water in spots on top that’s it for me this rain could put an end to this season. Till next season A/P  :tipup:

Were you up by Belmont? I wonder if anyone is fishing there?
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2021, 06:55 AM »
A buddy of mine said he saw a post on Facebook yesterday that said "Belmont done- 10-15' of open water at shore- can;t get on"
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2021, 06:56 AM »

Good day!  @)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Arkansaspete2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Mar 18, 2021, 08:01 AM »
Yea not bad business was slow but me and my cuz mustard up a few,cloudy all day I was figuring a better bite but you know how that goes but the deer sausage was good an the company was good we been fishing together for over 40 years stay safe and don’t go alone . A/P  :tipup:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Mar 18, 2021, 09:05 AM »
Hey, I’m just hoping to get back on the ice one more time- don’t care if the fishing is slow- but after this rain it might be done! 🙄
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #28 on: Mar 18, 2021, 12:23 PM »
A buddy of mine said he saw a post on Facebook yesterday that said "Belmont done- 10-15' of open water at shore- can;t get on"

Thanks, any word about the Pac. I wonder if Mangans or Ledgedale are open?
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #29 on: Mar 18, 2021, 01:19 PM »
If you want warm water reports go to myfishfinder.com. It would be nice to share some info on what's biting before the bass tournaments start. It would also be nice to know when the crappie are spawning. You don't have to give out your secret spot; just help some of the novices out.
You can use your username and password to log in. Go to PA, then to Lakes, and post conditions.
AKA Dinkmaster

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.