Author Topic: Crawford State Park  (Read 680 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Crawford State Park
« on: Jan 07, 2021, 07:21 AM »
Fished it 3 times recently and over the last few years they have netted the pike in there. So now there are way too many Small Perch and small Crappies in it. Just about anywhere you go your fish finder will be solid with marks. Biggest Perch caught so far is only about 8" biggest Crappie is only about 6" Sure you can catch a ton of these little guy's but you can't make a meal out of them. Going to look in some other areas today and tomorrow. Maybe will find some Cats or Pike. Don't think they stocked it this year with trout because not one has been caught.
<===Lefty===

Offline Catfishking

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Crawford State Park
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2021, 08:12 AM »
I fished it in the summer caught a few decent pike and lots of small crappies is there any big cats in there lefty ?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2021, 03:04 PM »
Used to be big cats but all I ever catch is the 18-20" ones. Went out today and tried 2 more spots. Same old thing little Perch no Crappie today. Caught 63 Perch and could have brought home enough to make some tacos but didn't.
<===Lefty===

Offline lovetofishnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2021, 05:51 PM »
Used to be big cats but all I ever catch is the 18-20" ones. Went out today and tried 2 more spots. Same old thing little Perch no Crappie today. Caught 63 Perch and could have brought home enough to make some tacos but didn't.
You could help the fishery by thinning them out.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2021, 05:53 PM »
Hey maybe even I could catch something if I went to crawford- Bwahahaha. :P
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.