Author Topic: Rhona Lake  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Ruffy

• IceShanty Rookie
Rhona Lake
« on: Dec 19, 2020, 04:02 PM »
Has anyone been on Rhona lake as of late?  Never been but would like to give it a try.  Is there decent access to get on the lake?  Thanks

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Rhona Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2020, 01:50 AM »
I only fished it once, maybe 5 years ago now... we saw marks on the sonar but couldnt get a thing to bite for the life of us, we were very mobile and basically made swiss cheese of the ice with how many holes we tried.  we had heard it was a decent lake for walleye fishing, but im not sure if that tip was in regards to a particular time of year (spring vs summer vs winter etc).  There is a road that goes down to what i assume is the boat launch, but bear in mind this road is incredibly steep.  There is a potential for difficulty driving up it depending on conditions and your vehicle.. The time i went it was too snowed in and we walked into the lake.. Let me tell you it was rough dragging our gear back up that hill in the deep snow!

I think i have read a few reports maybe from facebook lately on the lake... i seem to recall slow to non existent action for those that reported.  You might want to dig around on some of the fishing facebook groups if your keen to get more info.

Offline whitepoplar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2020, 11:26 AM »
The road down to lake isn't plowed there's no access by pickup.Park and carry your gear down and back up the hill or a toboggan :)

Offline Ruffy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2021, 08:51 AM »
Made it out on Saturday, the road was plowed and you could drive onto the lake.  Small perch and pike were biting.  About 10 groups of people out on the lake, really nice little lake and sheltered from the wind.

Offline herschel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2021, 12:46 PM »
For what it is worth Rhona is stocked regularly with Walleye fry

Offline ben-lucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2021, 02:01 PM »
the perch eat all the walleye fry before they can grow is the only issue.  you will catch perch but they are too small to keep.

Offline herschel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2021, 04:57 PM »
the perch eat all the walleye fry before they can grow is the only issue.  you will catch perch but they are too small to keep.

Strange combination.  You would think that a fair share of perch would grow if they were feeding on a bunch of walleye fry.  Also, if the walleye aren't maturing why do they keep stocking it? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.