Author Topic: Deschambault Lake  (Read 9092 times)

Offline tfm00

• IceShanty Rookie
Deschambault Lake
« on: Dec 16, 2020, 01:04 PM »
Has anyone been up there this year yet?  Wondering if you need sleds or if they are driving on the lake?

Offline fnsdeuce

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Deschambault Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2021, 08:46 PM »
anyone have info on dechambeau?
I'd like to head up mid March if the fishing is worth it that time of year.. any updates appreciated.

Offline cerndo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2021, 01:27 PM »
Had an awesome week of walleye fishing on Ballantyne Bay, Deschambault Lake this week.  Take an extension and remove most of the snow first.  Gut piles are everywhere so no further explanation is required.  Follow the groomed road and the ravens.  Access roads are excellent thanks to Gary Bloomfield.  There is a small access fee for the road but it's more than worth it.  Stay fishing until at least from 330- 630pm  ;)

Offline saskamoose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2021, 02:09 PM »
Heading up for the weekend.... how's the bite? Can a guy still get into Oskikebuk or is the trail finished for the year? Looking to get into some hot walleyes.

Offline Scrunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2021, 02:53 PM »
I was up 2 weeks ago and she was pretty rough heading to the buk going against the drifts on the big lake. The trail was as it normally is, rough. Some spots were starting to show mud. I imagine it’s gotta be getting close to the bare ground after this weather. Did well on the north end. Lots of groups out and trying different spots to find the fish. Sounds like it’s been a struggle. Also did well at the Ballantyne boundary.

Offline Bleachman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2021, 11:05 PM »
Heading up there this weekend was told it's not safe to go to oskikibuk. Is there any other small lakes that are decent to try instead of going to Ballantyne where it's going to be packed

Offline Bleachman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2021, 09:41 PM »
Has anyone been up to dechambeau lately how's the conditions? Any info on limestone woukd be awesome

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2021, 09:46 PM »
lots of water on the lake as of last saturday.  driving was easy but queasy, worse towards willow and not quite so bad towards puskwakau.

Offline bigk

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2021, 05:20 PM »
Anyone make a trip yet?

Offline 350 Mag

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2021, 08:31 PM »
Apparently there is 22" of ice, trucks are driving out....they are plowing road in next few days at Bloomfields.

Bite is good a Willow.

If not too cold I plan on hauling out shack in 7 days.

Offline Doggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2021, 10:35 AM »
Some pockets of slush around but not too bad in the bay. Bite has been decent through the cold snap.

Lots of slush after the bay on way to the buk - be careful.

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2021, 03:49 PM »
As of yesterday, no road has been ploughed out very far from Bloomfield's. Limestone had far too much snow to drive on and there will not be a road going in this winter. Limestone had slush in the middle and off the point we fished. The ice is not really all that thick. Skidoo access only.

Even the locals are impressed (depressed?) with the amount of snow they have already.

Oh yeah, the fishing was decent considering how much work we had to do.

Offline Scrunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2022, 08:31 PM »
I’m wondering if anyone has a slush report for the big lake heading towards the west arm and the buk? I have a feeling it might be greasy. Would like to hear something before my group heads out in a couple weeks. Thanks team.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2022, 08:39 PM »
2nd hand report but was super greasy 2 weeks ago.  No fishing occurred.

Offline Scrunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2022, 08:47 PM »
Well that stinks. Although a year off of fishing up there would be good for the fishery. Thanks.

Offline cerndo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2022, 10:49 AM »
Sub-zero temps are forecast from now until closing day so any meltwater/snow should tighten up.  Walleyes are on the move and biting good.  Bloomfield's plowed a road out past the first island and to the west 400m. 

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 24, 2022, 06:38 PM »
 anyone hear if gary is putting a road out on the lake this year? 

Offline Scrunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 11, 2022, 09:48 AM »
I imagine he will be. It’s good extra income for him charging 20 bucks a truck that uses it. I’m happy to pay it myself. It’s sure nice having a road to get out there.

Offline Scrunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2023, 04:08 PM »
Does anyone have an ice road report heading out from bloomfields? Is it half ass easy to find a place to set up? Was hoping to head out Thursday for an over nighter at willow island.
Thanks team.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2023, 11:28 AM »
 no ice road.  we left the sleds after being told 3 times he was out plowing, including the day before we left.  he had plowed not quite to the first island weeks before so what road there was had totally blown in.  we broke trail with trucks to the first island and made the best of it.  caught alright including 2 photo worthy pike but the cost of his shack cabins coupled with the deceit left a bad taste in our mouths.  talked to multiple locals that said we weren't the first group to be lied to.  anyway, a good trip none the less but DLR will get our money next time.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 21, 2023, 08:43 AM »
Thats too bad   good you made the best of it but still not cool at all.
good to know as well for others thinking of that trip

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.